gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:38:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Same Coffeepot. New recording  (Read 2904 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

"Same Coffeepot"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rnqfy0

I wrote this about a year ago. I recorded this version this morning, with the exception of the piano and bass (which were done a few months ago). This isn't necessarily done and definitely isn't mixed, but there's nothing I like more on a Sunday morning than recording. So I recorded.

PS, I want comments. Or criticism. Or praise. Or your hard-earned dollars. Or ... (whatever, you get the idea)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:46:05 PM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 02:59:06 AM »

I like this !
I think especially the track is very cool. Maybe some work needs to be done for the vocals imo. But it's really cool.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:18:45 PM »

Maybe some work needs to be done for the vocals imo.

Thanks. Somebody else said something about vocals, too, suggesting that I do harmonies the whole way through. But I think it was just a polite way to say the leads are pretty weak. I am going to at least rerecord them as-is, and maybe rearrange them somewhat, too. I am not quite sure how yet, but it's no rush anyway. (Maybe next time I won't drink while doing the vocals. Or maybe I'll drink more. We'll see which works better.)

I appreciate the comments, and am glad you like the track. It was tricky, in that I didn't use my drummer. Instead I copied the sound of his kick from a different song and manually inserted it where I wanted it. The shaker sound is my going "tch" with my mouth. 'fraid I''m a bit limited percussively. But I thought it turned out OK. The elec guitar and organ, in particular, i enjoyed.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »

Great jaunty track, sort of reminds me a bit of CSNY in  your vocal blend, the guitar stop-start bit reminds me a bit of Mike Oldfield for some reason!
Overall I enjoyed it, the production was particularly enjoyable - I like the swirly organ too!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx