-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Smiley vs. Fab boards
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smiley vs. Fab boards  (Read 3980 times)
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

Hey gang--
Just a quick note to say, this is sure a nicer, more mature, more intelligent rock music forum than, say, this other Beatle-related one I recently joined.  Maybe you guys should start a Beatles board so I can hang out at it rather than the one I just joined!

I feel like Wally Cleaver when he joined the The Barons club--an honor at first, then just disgusting after a short time.  You gotta wonder how people can actually be fans after reading some of the crap they write.  Being mindfully critical is one thing--being an obnoxious pseudo-clever fanboy is another.

Kudos to y'all.

-Onkster
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »

See, i actually despise the Beatles. Well, not really, but I consider them highly overrated and hate how 99% of people think they are the greatest ever. That said, glad you like our site, and welcome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »

I agree that they are overrated, but that's not their fault. And I hate anytime people love (or hate) anything out of the general inertia of things around them. But I love their music, and do think they've got a great argument at the title of best rock/pop band ever. So there you have it...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »

.... And I hate anytime people love (or hate) anything out of the general inertia of things around them. But I love their music, and do think they've got a great argument at the title of best rock/pop band ever. So there you have it...

Thats a great point Luther. If one's opinion of something are judged upon what others opinions are, perhaps one should learn to think for ones self.  Grin
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »

Yeah, that's kinda like those wonky music fans who, say, would listen to a band just because it annoyed their parents.  Or liked a film just because it annoyed some segment of society.

Why not like something because you,uh...like it?  (And I kinda like the whole notion of music crossing boundaries, where disparate people are brought together by it...)

Some of these guys I'm talking about do things like buy every version of "Let It Be", all of its boots, all of its label variations (like, who cares?), then beyotch about how they've heard "The Long and Winding Road" too many times.  Yeesh!  The fanboy thing.  Go open a comic book shop or something.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:38:51 PM »

Hey gang--
Just a quick note to say, this is sure a nicer, more mature, more intelligent rock music forum than, say, this other Beatle-related one I recently joined.  Maybe you guys should start a Beatles board so I can hang out at it rather than the one I just joined!

Kudos to y'all.

-Onkster

Thank you... and I like your idea.

"Emperor Onk" has a nice board moderator ring to it... Smiley

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: