gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:03:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not to take anything away from all TLOS excitement but  (Read 2407 times)
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:06:20 PM »

I came across these two pages while reading about David Gates, lead singer of Bread. They both mention that he worked with and/or attended a session with Brian. Does anyone know anymore details of this, or if it's even true. I know Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source. I always had a thought that if Gates and Brian collaborated at their creative peaks that something really cool and different might have been created, even though the chances of that happening were probably extremely slim. Who knows. What do you guys think?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/deanadshead/bread/gates.html (6th paragraph down)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gates (3rd paragraph down)

Back to TLOS excitement, I hope Brian will tour the US with it. All the reviews from London are awesome.

Dan
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:09:01 PM by GoodVibrations33 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »

David played on a Survivors session and also one for the original "Back Home", but I can't find any documented Beach Boys session - that said, I'd be astonished if he didn't, given that pretty much anyone in LA in the 60s who could play an instrument wound up on a BW session at one point.  Cool

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:16:00 AM »

Thanks Andrew
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:03:29 AM »

I always had a thought that if Gates and Brian collaborated at their creative peaks that something really cool and different might have been created...

Love David Gates and Bread...I always thought there was a connection/crossover between Beach Boys and Bread fans. And, yes, it would've been cool if they would've collaborated. They both had that quality, that emotional quality to their music that touched you.

Who knows? Like Brian sang the other night in "I'd Love Just Once To See You" - it's not too late....
yrplace
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »

Check out these David Gates produced and arranged girlgroup for some of the best wall of sound type productions ever:

"My One and Only Jimmy Boy"- The Girlfriends

"He Don't Love Me"- Shelle Fabares
MBE
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:25:04 PM »

He don't love Me has some Jan Berry connection too doesn't it Mark?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx