gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:35:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I usually don't do this  (Read 2736 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:09:44 AM »

...especially when it's just a demo where I'm doing all the vocals, but it's 5 AM and I haven't slept and I'm not thinking clearly, so here we go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ki7gt

It's part what I guess you could call a multi-suite song entitled Edible Death. I call this section Artificial Ham. I'm a terrible guitar player, and an even worse singer, and this is a really poor recording, especially the vocals. And most of this section is supposed to be sung by a girl, and I have a relatively low range, but I tried my best anyway. I'd really like to hear what anyone thinks about this. If it's nothing but horrible horrible insults, just go for it. I want to hear it. I won't get offended, trust me. Really, everyone in this section of the board is a great musician, far better than me, I'd love for hear what y'all think.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »

With an introduction like that, how can I NOT listen to it?! I look forward to it, and will be glad to offer whatever thoughts I have. As for doubting your abilities, at least know you're a brave sort for posting your work--especially a demo that has things you know to be flaws.

Oops, sendspace's server is apparently at full capacity at the moment, and won't let me download. But I will do so later today.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »

I enjoyed, quite charming, it sort of reminded me of Neil Young in a way. Any song with 'Ham' in the title warrants a listen!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »

"I wish eating them was still cool."

That alone was worth the price of admission.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx