-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Dark Knight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 16137 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 11:09:01 AM »

Heath Ledger made Jack Nicholson look like Ceaser Romero   Wink

HEY!!!! I like Cesar Romero!! Mustache under the makeup!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »

I just saw the Dark Knight this past weekend. Heath Ledger's Joker is PSYCHOTIC!!! It was a pretty suspenseful movie...kept me on the edge of my seat. The only thing I didn't like about it was Christian Bale's Batman voice. The macho tough-guy voice he uses was just plain annoying. I did like Aaron Eckhart's performance, though. I heard some little kids in the theater crying less than halfway through the movie, and some woman was yelling about how "they ruined a movie that's supposed to be for kids". Any halfway intelligent person could tell from the previews that it's not a kid-friendly movie.

I hope to FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) that Robin, Catwoman, the Riddler, and/or the Penguin and Shark Repellent Bat Spray will be in the sequel to The Dark Knight. And hopefully Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara make Batman and Robin "fully deputized agents of the law".

You know, there's just some days when you just can't get rid of a bomb!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »

There is definitely foreshadowing for Catwoman in the Dark Knight, and there has been speculation that Deep and Phillip S Hoffman are to be signed on for Riddler and Penguin respectively.

To be honest, I'd love to see Jim Carrey given a chance to reprise his role as the Riddler but the more dramatic serious Carrey playing a darker Riddler.

What should have happened the first time around...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

There is definitely foreshadowing for Catwoman in the Dark Knight, and there has been speculation that Deep and Phillip S Hoffman are to be signed on for Riddler and Penguin respectively.

To be honest, I'd love to see Jim Carrey given a chance to reprise his role as the Riddler but the more dramatic serious Carrey playing a darker Riddler.

What should have happened the first time around...

I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman would make an excellent Penguin. Every role he touches turns to gold. I thought he was excellent in Almost Famous and Punch-Drunk Love. And as stupid and generic as Along Came Polly was, Hoffman was hilarious as the washed-up 80s teen movie actor-easily the only redeeming factor in that movie. Still haven't seen Capote.

Now who would make a good Robin for the next Batman? And DON'T say Shia LeBouf!

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »

Robert Pattinson?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »

I think Burt Ward should reprise his role! LOL

Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 06:41:18 AM »

Saw that movie yesterday and it was great! Perhaps my favourite Batman now, though I loved the first 2 ones. Just missed Katie Holmes, because she's perhaps my favourite actress and I don't like it when other people are replaced. Joker and Dent were both great, though it was very sad that Harvey became a bad guy.  Sad   But watching the movie was kinda strange too because of Ledger's death.

Maybe I'll watch the movie again next week.  Cheesy

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »

But watching the movie was kinda strange too because of Ledger's death.

I just saw this a couple of weeks ago.  You know what was weird is that, even with all the hype about Ledger's role, I had completely forgotten that he played the Joker and it did not occur to me once during the movie that it was him.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 08:35:49 AM »

that's how it's going to get him actor of the year or something like that

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: