-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Dark Knight
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 16342 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »

Anyone seen the teaser trailer yet? There's so many fakes on youtube.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »

No, but I have seen this photo released at the ongoing San Diego Comic Con:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/07/27/sdcc-new-image-of-the-joker-released/

And I just read about the teaser here:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/07/27/sdcc-official-dark-knight-teaser/

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »

There's more:

And the trailer:

http://www.whysoserious.com/

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »

that is awesome!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

You may dig this as well:

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »

The only things missing from the new Batman are the Shark Repellent Bat Spray, the instant costume change switch, and words like BAM! and POW! filling up the screen. LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 01:48:16 PM »

They should get Burgess Meredith to reprise his role as the Penguin.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

I'm totally pumped for this film to come out. Ledger's performance is being said to be 'iconic'. I can totally see it...Harvey Dent's looking to be pretty legit as well. here's the newest trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8PPh-C9pRU

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »

I'm kinda disappointed that Robin, The Riddler, or Catwoman won't be in the new Batman movie.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:21:16 AM »

i'm fine with the exclusion.

the way i see it, with Harvey Dent comming into the picture with Maggie Gylinhal (perfect replacement for katie cruise) and Joker being freaking amazing, that's enough characters for this movie....it's gonna be the Empire Strikes Back of comic book movies.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:57:03 AM by punkinhead » Logged

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »

I just saw Joel Schumacher's "Batman & Robin" on TV the other day for the first time in years. Wow, I forgot how bad it was. It's so cheesy and stupid (and not in a good way like the 1966 series was). I hope this set of movies doesn't go down the same path as the 90s ones with the first two being really good, the third one being okay, and the fourth one being horrible.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »

i highly doubt that will happen, this next movie is going to be so serious ('why so serious?' pun from Joker). As one person said, Batman and Robin is to Batman Begins as to Star Trek the Motion Picture is to the Wrath of Khan....or something like that

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

just came back from the midnight show. this was amazing, especially Heath's performance (r.i.p). he was tops.

there is a lot to take in (especially at midnight) but it was worth the wait!

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »

I was going to see it tonight, but it was sold out.  Undecided

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »

I saw it Tuesday night and I LOVED Ledger's portrayal of Tom Waits as the Joker. It was really awesome. I don't think any of the buzz it has generated was overblown at all.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

agreed, it held up so well. It just kept topping itself over and over again. I'd like to note that the Dark Knight is now number ONE on IMDB.com, it totally beat the Godfather for it's position; it's average rating now 9.7! I knew this would be gold.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47:26 AM »

I saw it yesterday, first movie I ever saw with Heath Ledger in it - best live action Joker... so much better than Nicholson. There wasn't too much emphasis on Batman in this film, which I didn't actually mind so much.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 09:11:55 AM »

Heath Ledger made Jack Nicholson look like Ceaser Romero   Wink

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 02:01:40 AM »

I am going to see the moive, but it will air in Austria in one month.  Cry

Ledger is a great actor but nobody can beat Nicholson.  Smiley 

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »

Don't pass judgment 'til you've seen it. He really is that much better. And I'm not saying this as a Heath Ledger fan - this is the first movie I've ever seen him in.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »

The Dark Knight's opening weekend total: $155,340,000.

Beat Spider-Man 3's opening weekend.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »

I'll pass judgement without haven seen it...Jack Nicholson rules in Batman. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" Keaton, Nicholson, Basinger, Palance, Arliss, Billy Dee Williams, Prince soundtrack, and Tim Burton all contribute to make the 1st Batman the best Batman. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the new one is fantastic but there was something fresh about that 1st one that makes it so entertaining....did I mention Prince wrote songs for that movie?

...."love that joker!"
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 02:32:28 AM »

I'll pass judgement without haven seen it...Jack Nicholson rules in Batman. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" Keaton, Nicholson, Basinger, Palance, Arliss, Billy Dee Williams, Prince soundtrack, and Tim Burton all contribute to make the 1st Batman the best Batman. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the new one is fantastic but there was something fresh about that 1st one that makes it so entertaining....did I mention Prince wrote songs for that movie?

...."love that joker!"

Amen.  Cool Guy

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »

Saw the movie yesterday.  Great movie.  Great Joker.  Over the top in terms of destruction and violence.  The Batman movies are always dark..that is in terms of lighting and setting.  Over two hours of this left my eyes a little tired.  I must say, even though this was very good, I actually enjoyed Iron Man more in terms of characters and pure entertainment where action hero movies are concerned.  I may have even enjoyed Hancock more than The Dark Knight.

By the way, just where were they hiding the Boy Wonder?

But seriously, having enjoyed Heath Ledger in Brokeback, and seeing him in this role, its a given that he was on the verge of major stardom.....

it was difficult watching without being distracted by the thought that he was no more.....
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »

are you saying that having Prince do the soundtrack is a good thing? Makes the film totally dated, especially Joker and his goons dancing around....also, the main attacks to public were through cosmetics?  LOL Kinda lame now that I look back on it.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: