gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 05:16:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very Cool Bob Dylan News  (Read 1216 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »

As I was anxiously skimming through his new box set, I saw a red piece of paper sticking out of the pages. Bob's Bootleg Series and box sets usually have some sort of advertisement. For example, in the mono box set was an advertisement for Bootleg Series, Vol. 9

However, this advertisement made me very excited when I saw it. I have scanned said red paper and will post below:

Call me a sucker, but I will do everything I can to get my hands on this  Grin

Also, I wonder if Bob is done with albums... hence "The Complete Album Collection"
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »

As I was anxiously skimming through his new box set, I saw a red piece of paper sticking out of the pages. Bob's Bootleg Series and box sets usually have some sort of advertisement. For example, in the mono box set was an advertisement for Bootleg Series, Vol. 9

However, this advertisement made me very excited when I saw it. I have scanned said red paper and will post below:

Call me a sucker, but I will do everything I can to get my hands on this  Grin

Also, I wonder if Bob is done with albums... hence "The Complete Album Collection"

I guess this will be the stereo counterpart to the mono box that came out a few years back.  If it's of high quality (packaging and SQ) like it's predecessor, I might have to put it on my Christmas wish list. 

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »

one of the best threads ive ever met

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »

Looks very promising.

This is truly a career-spanning box set. I am glad he did not limit himself to just six CD:s.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:10:55 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:18:14 PM »

That "Side Tracks" set sounds pretty cool. I've often wished Paul McCartney would do something similar. He has a crazy amount of songs that can only be found on obscure vinyl and cd singles that are impossible to find now.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »

That "Side Tracks" set sounds pretty cool. I've often wished Paul McCartney would do something similar. He has a crazy amount of songs that can only be found on obscure vinyl and cd singles that are impossible to find now.
I imagine Paul will release that stuff someday, as he continues his Paul McCartney Archive Collection.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 01:05:59 AM »

Maybe so, but he'll probably do it one or three songs per cd, which is still harder to collect than a simple two or three disc set with everything in one place.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx