gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:33:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate This Whole World - The Complete Beach Boys Singles and EP Cover Collection
1 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (11.1%)
5 - 8 (88.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Whole World - The Complete Beach Boys Singles and EP Cover Collection  (Read 12153 times)
lproad
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »

Discuss, review and rate This Whole World - The Complete Beach Boys Singles and EP Cover Collection by Manfred Schmidt and Christian Haschke, released June, 2004.

http://www.sunrecords.de/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 12:04:13 PM by lproad » Logged

surf´s up
Christian
Robav63
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »

Fantastic book......the only bad thing about it, is that it makes me realise how many pic sleeves I HAVEN'T got!!!

If I Could Live My Life Again........
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

Nice...very enjoyable to look through, especially for someone like me who missed out on collecting the singles the first time around.
MBE
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »

It combines two of my favorite things-Beach Boys and vinyl. I love color photo books and though I wish the pics were a little larger, this is just a wonderful presentation.
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »

Totally agree, although the English translation is a drag. Many more PS 45s have surfaced in the meantime. Unfortunately the book sold quite poorly, so there won't be a second edition, which is a shame. Great job, Manfred and Christian.

Watson, did you hear this?
MBE
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »

They needed to make it easier to buy. It took me over a year to find the right place to buy it. Still it is great. The translation wasn't the best but the info was very good.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 11:48:36 PM »

I love this book. Bought it for the regular price at the time (on http://www.vinylcover.net/#1), but it was well worth it. Just got a second copy from my father who thought he'd finally found something I definitely would not have in my collection....  Grin   He'll never learn...
But this gives me the chance to use one of them not only as a reference guide, but also for notes/remarks, etc.

Again, I love this book. Essential for anyone's collection.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:49:29 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 06:00:04 AM »

I own two copies exactly for that reason.

Watson, did you hear this?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 01:35:26 AM »

In case anyone wants to buy this, I just saw a copy on Ebay, and the price is decent: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/This-Whole-World-The-Complete-Beach-Boys-Single-and-Ep-Cover-Collection-by-/160828735306 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »

A beautiful representation of many Beach Boys singles/EPs and picture sleeves from around the world, which transformed me from being a casual to a serious 45/EP collector. Although “The Beach Boys on 45” website is far more extensive, the book is still a great companion piece as it contains singles and EPs from countries which have not yet been added to the website Grin

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx