gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:00:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone identify this music?  (Read 3214 times)
MBE
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:33:33 AM »

I have recently gone through my old VHS tapes and found a portion of a movie I don't remember seeing.  Maybe one of my parents tried to tape it. It is missing the titles and I don't know any of the actors. However there are a few scenes that have terrific background music. It sounds like it was recorded in the late 60's. The quality is horrible as it comes off my TV speaker but if you can bear with it perhaps you can tell me what it is?
http://download.yousendit.com/E9581EB74FB4823E
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:24:36 AM »

I'm at work and I don't have any speakers here so I can't listen to it, but here are few suggestions:

- Google the lyrics. That's always a good way to find a song if you can't remember the title. If you for instance type in "If everybody had an ocean" lyrics on Google, the first result you get is Beach Boys | Surfin’ Usa lyrics
- Try to find out what movie it is (easier said than done, I know), look up the movie on imdb.com and select soundtrack listing in the quicklinks-bar for a list of songs that appear in the movie.

Maybe you'd already thought of this, but hey... Maybe this is useful to someone sometime.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:06:07 AM »

The music MBE provided is all instrumental, so I don't think there are actual songs with lyrics in this film.

MBE - are there any credits at the end of the film? Can you describe the plot? Just knowing one actor who appears in it could unlock the mystery using the aforementioned IMDB.com.
MBE
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:12:12 AM »

Sorry didn't see you replied. No it's just a scene like I said and no credits. Good 60's music though and I would buy it if I knew what the heck it was.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:08:33 AM »

I have recently gone through my old VHS tapes and found a portion of a movie I don't remember seeing.  Maybe one of my parents tried to tape it. It is missing the titles and I don't know any of the actors. However there are a few scenes that have terrific background music. It sounds like it was recorded in the late 60's. The quality is horrible as it comes off my TV speaker but if you can bear with it perhaps you can tell me what it is?
http://download.yousendit.com/E9581EB74FB4823E

I noticed this on my travels and my curiosity was aroused. As there's no other way of contacting MBE, it seems, I have to do it here. My apologies to the mods.

Sir, should you read this, and assuming you haven't identified it yet, please provide a new link. The army of posters who have joined since August 2007 may well succeed where others failed.     

All the best to you.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx