gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680873 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 12:28:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where Are Darian Sahanaja and Scott Bennett?  (Read 4011 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 05:37:40 AM »

I haven't seen this really addressed. In recent Brian shows Darian Sahanaja and Scott Bennett have been absent. I know there was a news feed about this but all it stated was that they were replaced by Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin. Anyone know why they aren't touring with Brian?

Huh
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:40:52 AM »

Darian said that his work with Disney (writing songs for an animated movie) couldn't allow him to do the shows, but if I'm correct he'll be back for the September shows at the RFH. Don't know about Scott though...

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:52:50 AM »

Good question, I was also wondering where Scott was. But what I really want to know is why Al isn't on tour with Brian.

On his website, Al writes "After a lot of discussion Brian and I both felt that it was best for him to do those dates without my accompaniment." And on the website of the venue in Groningen (Oosterpoort) they wrote that Al couldn't come because he was busy finishing his solo album...?
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:03:47 AM »

Darian said that his work with Disney (writing songs for an animated movie) couldn't allow him to do the shows, but if I'm correct he'll be back for the September shows at the RFH. Don't know about Scott though...

Scott was at one of the West coast shows not long ago (as was Darian). I don't know what it is, but he (Scott) had some commitment he had to keep so he couldn't go to Europe. IIRC, both will be there in September from what I read elsewhere.

Neither has left the band or anything like that. That's good, because with no offense meant to Billy or Gary, Scott and Darian are much better musicians - and Scott is certainly much more versatile than almost anybody in the band except maybe Probyn.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »

I think it's easy to forget that it's quite a large band, and a lot of the members do other things for their "real" living.  It shouldn't be a surprise when one or two of them can't always make a concert.

Some of them even have non-music day jobs!
SG7
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

They were at both New Jersey shows this past May also.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »

By 'popular' request.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »

Its good to hear that they are both still "in". I was a wee bit worried. Music is such an ego driven business its not hard to imagine bad things gone wrong when faces you are used to seeing up on stage are no longer there.  Tongue
Goin’Bald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

I haven’t missed Darian and Scott during the shows in Holland. Both Gary Griffin and Billy Hinsche know the songs through and through and both contribute on the singing side.  And….Billy Hinsche singing Sail On Sailor was priceless. So was Probyn’s guitar solo’s in Marcella.
SG7
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »

By 'popular' request.

By me  LOL

Plus who else would I stare at if Darian wasn't there???  Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »

OK, yeah, they knew Katie would be there... but their presence was 'requested'. Heavily.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SG7
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »

Really? So it wasn't just me eh?

I guess New Jersey loves Darian and Scott too  Grin
Wilsonista
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 12:50:25 PM »

I think he meant the Wife and Manager.

Darian had agreed to scoring Season 2 of The Replacements prior to the tour being put together (he WILL be in the UK in September). Scott isn't there because he too got himself a TV scoring gig.
Wilsonista
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »

I haven’t missed Darian and Scott during the shows in Holland. Both Gary Griffin and Billy Hinsche know the songs through and through and both contribute on the singing side.  And….Billy Hinsche singing Sail On Sailor was priceless. So was Probyn’s guitar solo’s in Marcella.

Billy was singing SOS? Cool! He does a great, great job on that one!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx