gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681509 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 08:05:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis 1979 int  (Read 5985 times)
MBE
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:29:29 AM »

Go to this site http://www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com/ and email Malc about this interview once you see the LA Light Page. Very interesting and I think it shows clear signs of his mental decline. The stress is getting to him for sure.
MBE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »

Did anyone else read it yet? Thoughts?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »

Maybe I am stupid, but I don't get how to access it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:51:31 PM »

Very interesting. Thanks for the hint MBE !

I wonder if Dennis really had films of every Beach Boys-show since '64, as he claimed here.

I agree, he seems more out of it than in any other Dennis-interview I'd read

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »

Maybe I am stupid, but I don't get how to access it.

No, I'm sure you're not !! I guess I kinda hid this article away a little too well when I designed the site - but I gotta thank MBE for bringing it to everyone's attention - I've had more responses today alone than I have since the site was set up !
In case you do still want to check out the site, as MBE says, go to www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com / click on Part 3 / highlight the LA (Light Album) cover and click / then read through (enjoying all the fascinating insight on the way) and ... eventually (on page 3 of the review) you'll find the detail to mail me for the DW article.
Or alternatively, my email address is scattered around each of the introductory pages on the site so just drop me a line from there and head the subject "Dennis Wilson Article" ...  Smiley

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »

Thanks!

Interesting interview and Dennis looks really cool.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

Thanks for the pointers Malcom. (Though I think you are wrong... I definitely was stupid). Just emailed you.  Razz Grin
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »

I just e-mailed you too, Malc!

Glenn
MBE
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »

Glad to get this out there. I think I have a new insight into Dennis' decline. Maybe the group fighting just got to him more then the others?
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »

Whoa ! Phenomenal response ! Thanks to everyone who mailed me ... and if you haven't seen it yet, there's another interview with DW earlier in the site (click on the "Surfin' USA" page and scroll down to the bottom of the page) ...  Grin

Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »

Thanks a lot for the interview, Malc.

The MIU/self destruct quote makes more sense now that we can see the whole context of teh interview.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »

Thanks a lot for the interview, Malc.

The MIU/self destruct quote makes more sense now that we can see the whole context of teh interview.

Yup. Thanks for that great interview.
BriansBack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »

is this interview still kicking' round somewhere?
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 02:10:57 PM »

Yes, still got it. Am updating my old album covers website into PDF format for downloading so am going though all my old files, including this interview, for inclusion. Will let you know when I come across it...

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »

That's the Back Through The Opera Glass site Malc? Very sad to see it was gone, but now hopeful it will reappear.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:33:41 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
BriansBack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »

Yes, still got it. Am updating my old album covers website into PDF format for downloading so am going though all my old files, including this interview, for inclusion. Will let you know when I come across it...

Great!, Thanks so much for taking the time to do that! By the way, is this an interview you conducted? or was this originally released to the press in 79? Did it show up in a mag or fanzine back then?
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »

Post deleted
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:42:20 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

I don't see anything. Sup?
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »

I'd love to read this but when I click on the link all I get is a page asking me to join a chat room.  No part 3, no LA Light Album, nothing.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 09:56:11 AM »

What I do get is below... it's a pitch from Moonfruit.  My email is stlatshaw@aol.com for the interview but I would also like to read your piece on LA Light.

Here's what I get when I click on your link.

Welcome Back Through the Opera Glass!

SAY NO TO BOREDOM AND SICKNESS!

It is said, life is like an ice-cream, enjoy it before it melts. Yes! That is true. Feeling alone and sad is not the way life should be spent. On a bright sunny day, when you want to be with your friends hanging out at the beach, you are stuck in bed with a fever and sore throat. We are giving you a solution to your boredom. You can switch on your computer, enter into a chatting website and look for chat rooms of your interest. 

Surprisingly, there are chat rooms for people not feeling well, and stuck in bed as you. The participants are desperate to find someone to talk to with whom they can share their feelings and have a good time. 

Currently, where people have limited time to go out, make new friends and meet up with family, free online chat is the best way to interact and socialize. Free online chat rooms are becoming famous, as they provide means of networking. While internet facility has become common and available at every corner of the world, the means of entertainment and knowledge have increased. The internet is the biggest platform for all kinds of social and official meet-ups. 

Revolution in the Internet World

At the time of creation, World Wide Web (WWW) was considered a revolution, and an infinite amount of information and entertainment channels were developed. With the launch of chat rooms, the communication life became more receptive and interactive. Chat rooms have brought together the cyber world on a common platform and have extended the verge of communications. Then apps like WhatsApp brought more innovation in the World of internet and technology. People are now using WhatsApp messenger to chat with each other, to send media files like videos, images and music. Moreover, now it’s a trend that people are searching for WhatsApp status from Online websites for their WhatsApp profile. I also have a best WhatsApp status about me on my WhatsApp profile, it makes me cool. 

Thanks to Alexander Trevor, who took the initiative of building up chat rooms and created first text bases chatting environment. Since the creation of chatting in 1980, various features have been introduced with the changing times and demands of users. This was also necessary to keep the interest alive and encourage them to continuous use of the services. 

As the use of web globalized, a large number of people started to use an option like free video chat, free webcam chat, and free audio chat. Every online chat website is competing with the other, and trying to give more features than the other one to cater more users and registrations. 

Advantages of Online Free Chatting

Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »

My old Moonfruit website was taken down about a year or so ago due to dwindling traffic but, as I said, I am currently updating it into PDF format (much slicker and glossier !) and it will available again sometime in the coming months. For the unknowing it reviews all of the BB album covers, stories behind their conception etc. with interviews, press cuttings etc.
That DW interview was one he held with the U.K. press back in 79 and I simply scanned it and put it in as a part of the old site. More news on the new version to follow when it nears completion...
Thanks for the interest ...
 Grin

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx