gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:21:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: til i die  (Read 4071 times)
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

I know it's sort of lame to put Beach Boys covers up here, so this will probably be the last one from me.  Here it is nonetheless.  9 vocal parts and 18 vocal tracks in all!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cuu5ta
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »

I know it's sort of lame to put Beach Boys covers up here, so this will probably be the last one from me.  Here it is nonetheless.  9 vocal parts and 18 vocal tracks in all!

Wow I really like the higher backing vocals.

Rhythm of the track feels a bit unstable, incomplete rather - needs the drum machine like original

I would really like to hear you do Child Is Father Of The Man with a similar arrangement, if you're up to it.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

That's really good, man. I'm seriously impressed by this  Cheesy

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »

I don't think it's lame. While I prefer hearing everyone's originals (and posting my own originals), I think we've all posted some BBs related stuff: it is, after all, what binds us in the first place. I enjoy this. And I don't miss the drum machine at all. A little ebb and flow to time can be nice. I've said it before and will again, I really like your voice. You did a very nice job here.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
nobody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »

I would like to hear everyone's covers done in their own way

the tendency seems to be to try and match brian's entire arrangement (i know, i once re-made California Girls with only a keyboard and 8-track) but hearing everyone's stripped down takes is good

there's one elfish guy on YouTube who covered Surf's Up on a mandalin and it sounds great
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

I agree. To me, trying verbatim covers of BBs tunes might be enjoyable from a learning perspective, but it's not going to end well. Even if you're damn-near perfect, you're still just perfecting imitation. The songs have so much to them, there is a lot to be explored. People's interpretations are fun. I know I've had more fun when doing my own thing with them. (I'll Bet He's Nice and The Night Was So Young, almost a decade ago, remain two of my favorite recordings to have done, flawed though they are.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »

Hey, thanks for listening guys.  I just get a kick out of losing myself for a few hours dissecting the vocal harmonies and recording them.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx