gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:13:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I couldn't cry"  (Read 4414 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

I just recorded another song of mine. here is the song with vocals, and just the track: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8r6u54

There seems to be a strange noise but I don't know what it is and how to get it away.
What do you think about the song? I know, my singing isn't very good.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »

I was expecting worse but your voice is really good.  Shocked

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:31:52 AM »

Thanks !

I'm goin' back and record two more voices (well, at least one) for the chorus. Hope that will sound good

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:46:57 PM »

Cool. Really looking forward to it. You should make your own music myspace site.  Mrs. O'Leary told me which adapter I should use to record my guitar too, my brother can't wait to record his bass.  Grin 

BTW Didn't you promise me sometime ago a cover version of "Somewhere Near Japan" or at least "Sail On Sailor"?  Wink

Take care, Leif.  Smiley

Peter

Late at night
I dream of you
I dream of you
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 01:56:55 PM »

Cool. Really looking forward to it. You should make your own music myspace site.  Mrs. O'Leary told me which adapter I should use to record my guitar too, my brother can't wait to record his bass.  Grin 

In fact I do have my own myspace-site but I'll wait with uploading music.

Yeah, Cow told me.

BTW Didn't you promise me sometime ago a cover version of "Somewhere Near Japan" or at least "Sail On Sailor"?  Wink

Nope, I said that I can play that stuff, but I won't record that. I'm doing my music, no one's else...

- Jack Rieley
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »

Yes, but I thought it was just a normal account.

Well, I never really tried but I don't think I can write own songs at the moment, so I just cover. In my band the only one who COULD write is my brother.

Enough said, back to topic.

Late at night
I dream of you
I dream of you
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:18:47 AM »

Nice song, I especially like the quirky wah wah type guitar!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »

Nice song, I especially like the quirky wah wah type guitar!

Thanks.
Yes, that sound is called "cry". I was looking for such an effect and when I saw something called "cry" I thought that has to be the one. And it was quite fitting...

I already recorded some background vocals but I don't know if I should post that one.

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »

Hey you are good. It sounds a little like the 60's dutch group the Outsiders.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:41:24 PM by MBE » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »

Thank you very much ! But I think the singing is still too weak.
I don't know the Outsiders, so I can't agree or disagree.

Thanks for all your replies and be sure to catch my latest recording in the new thread.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx