gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:16:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Teeter Totter Love??  (Read 9877 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »

What the hell is Tones?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SurferGirl7
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 06:45:02 PM »

Also known as Tune - X...

Wasn't this a Carl song not intended for SMiLE but ended up on all the boots anyway?
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

No, it's just "On A Holiday", I think.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 09:23:17 PM »

Also known as Tune - X...

Wasn't this a Carl song not intended for SMiLE but ended up on all the boots anyway?

No and Yes.  "Tones" is a Carl song from the SMiLE sessions that was never intended for the album.  "Tune X" is the tag to "Holidays" that became the "Whispering Winds" section on BWPS.  Two entirely different parts.  The confusion comes from the early Vigotone SMiLE boot that mislabelled something else as "Tune X"  (was it "I Wanna Be Around"?  god it's been a long time since those days.)

Confusing, I know...  Huh

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Andreas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 11:50:24 PM »

Tones is an instrumental written and produced by Carl during the Smile sessions, but probably never intended for Smile. Nice string arrangement, straight 4/4 rhythm, reminds people of Penny Lane . It surfaced on the Secret Smile bootleg, but was in circulation before. This song has not appeared on any previous Smile bootleg.

The confusion arises because on the old bootlegs (e.g. Vigotone), the song Holidays is called "Tones / Tune X", and the song Look (aka Song For Children) is called "Holidays".
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »

Getting back on topic. Someone gave some sort of description of Teeter Totter Love a while back. Anyone got it?

I don't have it saved but I remember clearly that one insider who had listened to the track said it sucked.

Maybe it's like "My Little Red Book", the idea of a Brian version of this song recorded during Smile was really interesting, till the day I heard it and blah.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 05:46:28 AM »

Yeah, this has never been booted. There were two other jasper dailey recordings from this era, ie January 1967 (Crack The Whip, and When I Get Mad I Just Play My Drums), which turned up on acetate in an auction back in the mid-90s, but these have never appeared on the collectors circuit either.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx