gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:48:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Live in Norway - the whole show online  (Read 21753 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2007, 02:58:43 AM »

This is how the concert in Mainz was promoted  Cheesy

ouch!

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:48 AM »

That is so wrong in so many ways! Looks like another potential lawsuit could be on its way...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 10:56:04 AM by Roger Ryan » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »

That is so wrong is so many ways! Looks like another potential lawsuit could be on its way...

You might be right, because, as mentioned earlier somewhere, the concerts were at one point advertised as "The original Beach Boys".

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »

That is so wrong is so many ways! Looks like another potential lawsuit could be on its way...

You might be right, because, as mentioned earlier somewhere, the concerts were at one point advertised as "The original Beach Boys".

This just adds to my theory that at least some of Brian's touring is an effort by his management to use him to pick some kind of childish fight with the Mike Love touring group.  It's ridiculous, and a shameful way to use Brian.  I know a lot of fans love that Brian keeps touring absolutely every year, don't care that the setlist doesn't change much , and that Brian really needs to get out there every single year for his mental health.  But any touring should be because it's showcasing Brian's talent, the depth of his songwriting, and his general legacy, as well as being something Brian is enthusiatically doing of his own accord.   I just wish things were a little less petty and little more artistic in the world of Brian Wilson.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure Brian's management had nothing to do with that ad (which btw was all over Frankfurt).
MAYBE they requested "The Original Beach Boys" slogan but I believe the photo was just picked up by the festival organizer who knew nothing about Brian or the BB.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »

I'm pretty sure Brian's management had nothing to do with that ad (which btw was all over Frankfurt).
MAYBE they requested "The Original Beach Boys" slogan but I believe the photo was just picked up by the festival organizer who knew nothing about Brian or the BB.

I doubt they picked the photo.  Seeing Al Jardine's name (I'm sure printed before he dropped out) , and that they are advertised as "Original Beach Boys," looks more than a little curious.   Even more interesting is that it's advertised as an "oldies tour," when the setlist is mostly oldies, and that must have been brought to the attention of the promoter.  This isn't that dissimilar to the UK paper giveaway of Brian's music as Beach Boys music.  Mike Love's case against that was thrown out, so maybe that gave the team more confidence to try it, or at least not object to it, in another venue.  I wonder if the willingness to have Jardine tour with Brian hinged on this, and maybe it had something to do with Al dropping out.  It will be interesting if anything comes of this, if the truth ever comes out.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »

Compare the PS songs on this show with the London versions from 02. Sad so sad to listen to.
Will be true to my word that I see no reason to go to another Brian Wilson concert. Sorry to have to say it but I dread the thought of what may happen in September in London.

Still like his band. Would be great to hear Mike and Al or other's doing those leads with them instead.

Actually, Brian could do what Roger Waters does mostly, just sit there and play along while his great band handle most of the singing. Brian could just join in for choruses, take some easier leads and generally just have fun with his piano. More leads should be given to Darian and other good singers in his group. There is no shame in doing it like that.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx