gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 02:17:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BBs and Lou Christie  (Read 2840 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:22 AM »

I've recently just got a Lou Christie comp, after I read someone mentioning him on this board. As a listener who loves crazy falsetto, i'm finding it highly enjoyable. Does anybody know of any possible referencing between the BBs and Lou. 

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

I've seen Lou Christie in concert twice, he's great.  I saw him about '94 or so, and then again in 99 or so.  Still sounds incredible.  At one show, they had to practically pull him off stage.  First, I don't know if he's had plastic surgery or not, but he's one of these guys that tries to stay young, hot, and hip (which I don't really have a problem with)... kind of like Tom Jones, lol.  He has women in their 20's falling all over him at the shows.  Actually at the last show I think he was trying to sell a CD by his daughter, but I could be entirely wrong with that.

During the performance, not only did he competantly sing all of his hits, but he was funny, very charismatic, and competantly sung a bunch of other people's hits, too.  You could tell he was just winging it.  They basically made him get off stage because he had already played over an hour in a multi-act show.  He was the highlight of the night (with the exception of Little Anthony) and still a very strong, good singer.

I saw him on a PBS show about two years ago, too, on television, and he was STILL good. 
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »

Does anyone else know Guitars And Bongos? That's my favorite song of his.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
mistermono
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:54:40 AM »

I've got a copy of "Paint America Love" coming in the mail.  Can't wait to hear it.
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 05:48:55 AM »

Oh, Paint America Love is a phenomenal record; a true widescreen vision of end-of-sixties America, as valid an artistic statement as Smile itself, in my opinion. You'll love it.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx