gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:17:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al cancelled for Europe  (Read 20033 times)
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 04:07:46 AM »

This sort of thing, should the worst be true, is going to add an ugly patina to what was before largely a triumph in Smile 2004 -- because if he is being "handled" now, he probably was then too, and those of us with quiet optimism will be proven wrong.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 04:52:23 AM »

Very strange, this.  I was so excited when I read the newspaper story about a possible Wilson/Parks collaboration with That Lucky Old Sun.  The text made it sound as if Brian was genuinely excited about the new work.  Then someone on another board said that Van Dyke was not involved in that project.  I also wondered if Al was going to be involved in some fashion, either in the recording of vocals, or the performance on stage (or both).  And I guess he still could be, but it doesn't seem likely. 

As Andrew said, this is going to be interesting.  Will Billy Hinsche be making the European dates now?  Someone also mentioned that Lizik, Bennett, and Sahanaja were absent from the Mountain Winery show.  I know Darian has got his Disney gig, but is the Brian Wilson Band splintering?  If so, why?  Is Van Dyke involved in the new project, or is he not?  C'mon Leaf...tell us what's going on. 

edit...I just read on the blue that Lizik was indeed at the Mountain Winery show, and that Darian and Scott Bennett joined Billy Hinsche and Gary Griffin on stage at the Pasadena show last night.  Hmm.  I just don't know.  I hope Brian finishes That Lucky Old Sun, gets it recorded and released, performs it for London, and all...but maybe after that just throw a couple of steaks on the grill and chill.   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 05:40:39 AM by LostArt » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 06:00:04 AM »

Someone posted this on the blueboard:

According to Al last night, he is going to Europe

(posted by Bill Zimmerman on June 12, 2007 at 4:41 pm)

I spoke to him about adding Cottonfields to the set and he said they will for the European tour....sounds like he's planning on going.....my son and I spoke with him at some length after the show in Saratoga last night...just my $0.02

So, what's up ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »

Even through the SMILE '04 media coverage when asked directly, Brian several times acknowledged that the decision came from his wife/management.  I would think - despite "party line" pronouncements - fans have always questioned how much freedom Brian could possibly have, given his afflictions.  The question of whether how he is handled now is in his best interests (maybe an easy comparison would be to the Landy years), may be a tough nut to crack.  We've often seen the argument that "pushing" Brian into working/performing is beneficial for him, and with all of the conflict that Brian must go through in accepting these decisions (fear of failure, disappointing his wife, stagefright, etc.), he must come away from time to time feeling the effort is validated (critical acclaim, chart success, vindication and a Grammy from Smile '04 must've pumped him up).  I would think for anyone heading into "advanced" years, staying active on some level is very important.  But I'm sure these tours, even mini-tours, are far more taxing than I'll ever comprehend, especially when they cross continents.  And the idea that just about every touring dollar possible has been squeezed out of Brian in the last 10 years is hard to avoid, also. 

I'm reminded of that moment when Brian and his wife (was that on Larry King? or the Smile doc...) were discussing Brian's hospital stay during the Smile '04 rehearsals.  And Melinda, trying to figure out what to do with Brian, suddenly said to herself "This is merda do touro;" and asked Brian if he wanted to go out to dinner, and Brian suddenly lit up and accepted.  In that moment, despite our limited knowledge of the day-to-day realities of Brian's life, you can find yourself very conflicted over the subject of best interests/intentions. 

Hmm.... I edited that swear myself!  The program edited my edit! 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:46:39 AM by No. Fourteen » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 08:26:15 AM »

OK, so maybe Brian had an "episode" and admitted to Al that he didn't really want to go? That he was being forced to go? Maybe this happened while at Al's ranche during recording, and then Al witnesses the incident on stage, etc.  Who knows, but if any of this is true, then good for Al for doinfg what is right by Brian and also keeping confidences at the same time.  Truth be told, Al does not owe us the secrets told to him by Brian...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »

When I spoke of Brian's fans seeing him more than once, I was thinking of those of us who live in the markets he's played repeatedly.  In my market alone, he played Oakland in January, after having played Berkeley in the summer of '06.  And San Francisco in November of '05.  Of course, he mostly recently played Saratoga this Monday, which is certainly still in the Bay Area.  I don't get the reason he played this market so many times in such a relatively short period of time, and as huge a Brian and band fan as I am, I didn't go to all of those shows.  Granted, "Smile" was special, but the rest of those shows were oldies.  The ticket prices were fairly high, too.  Although a week before the Saratoga show, I was sent an promotional e-mail offering a deal to get two Brian tickets (minimum price of $50 each) plus two free Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ride passes (worth almost $30 each) for a total of $99.  That would seem to indicate they were worried about ticket sales.  I don't think Brian likes worrying about his ticket sales, either, and I'm sure it hurts his feelings when he sees any empty seats. 
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »

This "fainting" episode is being blown all out of proportion - it could have been something as simple as orthostatic hypotension (low BP when you stand up, due to pooling of blood in the legs or perhaps as a side effect of medication, and we know Brian is on several medications).  It hardly indicates tour exhaustion or an unwillingness on Brian's part to tour.

As for what's up with Al - could it be that Brian's management didn't want to foot the bill for Al to go to Europe - airfare, hotel, living expenses (food), as well as whatever fee he's been getting for doing these shows?  Maybe they wanted him to forego or cut his fee, which he refused to do?  It may be a business reason, in other words, and not a conspiracy theory reason.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

Ok I am going to come right out and say that I think the wife and biographer have turned into the people they once said were "abusing" Brian. Damn at least Murry, Mike, Carl , and the others cared about him before there was any money to be made. Landy was worse, and Brian does have great musicians with him, but even they seem to be "on leave" more and more often. I am tired of people not stating what is obvious. Does Brian have to die before certain people stop buying the party line? There are Beach Boys mags and message boards (not this one) that would have you believe Brian is cured, Melinda is wonderful, Leaf is a godsend. ENOUGH!!!! Brian is a unique and kind individual but as he has perminant damage on certain levels that allow others to take over his life. Perhaps he enjoys that in a perverse way but I feel strongly that he is not loved in the unconditional manner we all need. What he does in professinal life should be his call and if it's nothing then god bless him for 46 damn years of gracing all our lives with his wonderful music.

Then I'm going to say something that I've held back on saying for a while. I think Brian's marriage is the biggest sham of all. I think at one point he & Melinda did love each other, but at this point...I think it's nothing more than a business arrangement. A bad one at that, too.
Granted, "Smile" was special, but the rest of those shows were oldies.  The ticket prices were fairly high, too.
Yep. Notice how he's been basically doing the same setlist now for quite a while? Compare that to the first few years of touring.

Also..notice how much more outgoing Brian in 1995-1996. Compare that to now. Yeah, some of it is due to age, but...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 09:42:01 AM »

Now THAT is a bit strong -- do you know them as people in the real world well enough to determine whether they love each other or not? 

This thread is rapidly spinning into gossip and speculation, with precious few facts.  History teaches us this -- make no early judgments with BB issues and the real story will eventually come out.  And it won't match much of the innuendo.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »

I bet Steve Gaines would be able to get to the bottom of this....!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 09:48:46 AM »

Or Oliver Stone.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »

LOL LOL LOL         "back, and to the left;..... back, and to the left"            LOL LOL LOL
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »

Brian does seem to have a history of "passive-aggressive" rebellion against stuff he doesn't want to do.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

Another thought: Could it be that Brian just (almost) collapsed because he has too much work to do? Maybe "That lucky old sun" isn't finished yet and it's too much pressure for him to tour and try to finish it at the same time...(1964 anyone?) Maybe they got Van Dyke just to help Brian complete that stuff

EDIT: Here's Melinda Wilson:

Brian's Health

(posted by Melinda Wilson on June 13, 2007 at 10:02 am)

I can see that there is much speculation about Brian's health and I appreciate the concern as does Brian. Brian had a slight dizzy spell at the show in Saratoga. He sat down on stage until it passed, he then got up told the audience what happened and then was taken back stage and check out by the medical staff at the venue. His vital signs were fine and Brian wanted to continue the show, because he felt fine after having some water and sitting for about twenty minutes. When we got home yesterday, Brian went to his doctor who checked him out and said he may have been a little bit dehydrated which he beleaved caused the dizzy spell. His doctor who had just recently done a complete physical on Brian said there was no reason for him not to continue his tour based on his finding and how well Brian is feeling. Hope this is helpful to all who are wondering. Melinda Wilson

One more issue

(posted by Melinda Wilson on June 13, 2007 at 10:08 am)

Anyone who is unhappy and feels they don't want to see Brian if Al is not appearing, please send in your ticket and Brian will refund your money. You can send it to Provident Financial 2850 Ocean Park Blvd. #300, Santa Monica California 90405

Danny

(posted by Melinda Wilson on June 13, 2007 at 10:32 am)

What happened is exactly what Michael De Martin posted yesterday. It certainly is your business if you only bought a ticket to see Al. If that's the case Brian has done all he can do by agreeing to give you your money back. Not seeing the overseas publicity, I have no idea how it read, but it really doesn't matter. We thought he would be joining Brian on the tour and he is not. Thanks Danny.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:59:27 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

Brian does seem to have a history of "passive-aggressive" rebellion against stuff he doesn't want to do.

I've heard people say this about Brian, even about how he is today. I have no idea how true it is. But when this "incident" happened in Saratoga, I was reminded of this alleged tendency of Brian. It was hard to tell whether Brian was just really a bit "dizzy" (as they are saying on the bw.com board now; apparently dehydration and dizziness is the "official" word), or if he was sort of consciously overblowing the situation as if he was trying to find a way to get out of finishing the show. I think this sort of theory, that he didn't want to finish the show or do the tour and overexaggerated this "incident" to the point of dramatizing it in the front of the audience to try to get out of finishing the show, is probably way beyond what really happened. But, I've heard some people say that Brian even today can be surprisingly crafty and ingenious in being manipulative in certain ways, so I certainly can't rule this possibility out 100%.

But at the same time, it did seem like Brian really was upset (if not a bit scared) about not being able to finish the show for whatever reason, which would contradict this theory that he was trying to manipulate his way out of doing the show or tour. I dunno. Strange stuff. Even if everything is as benign as they are saying, and Brian is fine and wants to tour, they need to realize that we are now going beyond even the normal problems of the last 8 years of Brian seeming ill at ease on stage and prompting questions of whether he wants to be out touring. Whatever is really happening, they have to realize that the appearance to some is now not only that he may not be as enthusiastic about touring as one would hope, but that he may not be best served by being out there touring in terms of his health. Again, I'm talking about what the appearance is, as we obviously cannot know the details of what his health actually is. But even taking all of the "official" statements as totally accurate, I'm surprised they are not more concerned about how this all appears to fans and outsiders.

I should reiterate that while I still have a lot of questions and concerns about the broader question of whether or how Brian should continue touring, I have to say having been at the Saratoga show, that the "official" explanation just posted on the bw.com message board seems totally feasible; as I said before, I don't think what happened in Saratoga is in and of itself a particularly problematic event. But it is, rightly or wrongly, prompting a lot of more thought and discussion from fans about these issues we've been discussing.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »

When I spoke of Brian's fans seeing him more than once, I was thinking of those of us who live in the markets he's played repeatedly.  In my market alone, he played Oakland in January, after having played Berkeley in the summer of '06.  And San Francisco in November of '05.  Of course, he mostly recently played Saratoga this Monday, which is certainly still in the Bay Area.  I don't get the reason he played this market so many times in such a relatively short period of time, and as huge a Brian and band fan as I am, I didn't go to all of those shows.  Granted, "Smile" was special, but the rest of those shows were oldies.  The ticket prices were fairly high, too.  Although a week before the Saratoga show, I was sent an promotional e-mail offering a deal to get two Brian tickets (minimum price of $50 each) plus two free Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ride passes (worth almost $30 each) for a total of $99.  That would seem to indicate they were worried about ticket sales.  I don't think Brian likes worrying about his ticket sales, either, and I'm sure it hurts his feelings when he sees any empty seats. 

Just a bit of a correction: His Bay Area shows haven't been quite this lumped together. He played San Francisco in November '04 and Berkeley in September '05, then as you say Oakland in January of this year and then Saratoga in June. So, while I would agree that they didn't leave a lot of time between San Francisco and Berkeley, or Oaklanda and Saratoga, they did at least leave about 16 months between Berkeley in '05 and Oakland in '07. It's probably not a coincidence that, by my total guess, the San Francisco and Oakland shows seemed to be nearly if not fully sold out, while it was the Berkeley and Saratoga shows that probably lagged in sales a bit.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

Well, if that's the case, he sure as hell needs to slow down.

Even if everything is as benign as they are saying, and Brian is fine and wants to tour, they need to realize that we are now going beyond even the normal problems of the last 8 years of Brian seeming ill at ease on stage and prompting questions of whether he wants to be out touring. Whatever is really happening, they have to realize that the appearance to some is now not only that he may not be as enthusiastic about touring as one would hope, but that he may not be best served by being out there touring in terms of his health. Again, I'm talking about what the appearance is, as we obviously cannot know the details of what his health actually is. But even taking all of the "official" statements as totally accurate, I'm surprised they are not more concerned about how this all appears to fans and outsiders.
Exactly.

I think part of the reason why this whole "Lucky Old Sun" thing is such a big deal to me is because I have a feeling this may be the last new work from Brian. And really, if it means his health, then it should be.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »

OK, so maybe Brian had an "episode" and admitted to Al that he didn't really want to go? That he was being forced to go? Maybe this happened while at Al's ranche during recording, and then Al witnesses the incident on stage, etc.  Who knows, but if any of this is true, then good for Al for doinfg what is right by Brian and also keeping confidences at the same time.  Truth be told, Al does not owe us the secrets told to him by Brian...

I dunno. Something either in terms of the explanation, or at least in terms of the timeframe of these decisions, is rather confusing. The statement from Al seems to suggest that he decided either before or after the Monterey show on the 9th that he wasn't doing Europe. But we have an account from somebody in Saratoga on the 11th of Al talking about playing Europe. It may just be that Al and Brian talked about the European tour in Monterey, but only after the 11th did Al and Brian make the final decision.

Something odd is going on; if nothing else, we are getting only bits and pieces of information. But I will say that I don't think anybody should assume that Brian's "spell" has anything to do with Al not going to Europe. It may have played a part, but I would tend to doubt it. Sometimes two different odd things happen at the same time but really don't have anything directly to do with each other. I know that Al somehow "protesting" Brian continuing to tour sounds noble on the part of Al, and this scenario certainly is the most feasible of any scenarios I can think of in which the "incident" and Al's non-appearance in Europe are actually connected. But I still think that the two things don't have anything to do with each other.

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »

Why is Melinda posting and not Brian?  Even if "Brian" on the board really is Melinda at times, or who knows, maybe not.  It might help if they added a post from Brian himself or, er, "Brian."  In any case, this does not look good, and it's hard to spin, no matter what the truth is.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »

I don't think "Brian" has posted there for over a year now.

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »

I think these conspiracy theories get out of hand. I don't say this because I'm naive, but because I've never seen a shred of evidence to the contrary. Brian's band strike me as decent people-- you think they'd stick around for 8 years knowing that Brian is being abused and manipulated?
I don't know what the truth is either, but I'll give you a possible version of it:

*Melinda is posting (and not Brian) because Brian is getting ready to leave for a European tour this afternoon.
Or because Melinda (anyone, for that matter) is far more articulate at explaining these things than Brian.
Or because Brian didn't feel like explaining it.
*Brian had a dizzy spell on stage because he was dehydrated.
Or because he was under hot lights
Or because he was tired
Or maybe because he was briefly protesting the show, but, as Darian has said, he feels one way one moment and one way the next, and this was just a passing moment of rebellion.
Who knows? I have dizzy spells and have actually fainted in the past, and I know I'm not in dire health. It happens. And the advice I was given by a doctor? "If it happens again, sit down on the ground, whereever you are, no matter how foolish it looks, to save yourself the possibility of stitches."
*Al quit the tour because he wanted Brian to have the spotlight
Or because Brian wanted the spotlight and asked him to step aside
Or because Al would have had to foot the expenses of the tour for himself
Or because Al just didn't feel like touring
If Al is disgusted by the way Brian is supposedly being treated, you'd think he'd want to STAY for his "dear friend," and not leave him to his "handlers." So I don't know how realistic that theory is.

I'm not an insider, and I don't know anything. But I don't think most of you know much about this either.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

Well, I'm pissed.

It's not only for the two concert tickets, two plane tickets to Germany, couple of nights at the hotel, days off at work (hard to get), no, it's mostly the disappointment to know that there goes the last and only chance (being located in Europe) to see Al Jardine ever.
And also to realize it two weeks before the event, after waiting 3 months (and 10 years).

So let's quickly analyze the possible reasons:

Financial
The tour would have never been announced without having analyzed costs and revenue and agreed on all the participants fees.
All the details were probably finalized, down to flight tickets and hotel reservations.
Also, most of ticket sale is concluded and I assume the volumes have been known to the management for some time.
So I doubt it's related to the low ticket sale (if it is low, even). Al's cancellation will results in tickets being returned, if anything.
The cancellation is certainly not good for Brian's management image, and that translate to a future financial loss.
So I would exclude the financial reason, unless:
  • internal costs have increased for some force majeure reason
  • Al requested higher fee than previously agreed and got rejected.  I would still exclude this, as there doesn't seem business reasons to justify this (unless they asked him to sing more leads and he demanded a raise..)
  • Costs analysis were not done until now

Health
If Brian's health is a concern for the tour, then Brian should cancel the tour. It doesn't seem reasonable the Al would.
Also doesn't seem believable that Al would resign just not to see Brian suffering or being overloaded. The tour would take place with or without Al so Brian would carry the same load (or technically more, since he gets all the leads).
I also don't think it's about Brian trying to get the whole tour canceled by causing complaints related to Al as he would never pull it off with his management. And I really doubt Al would risk that much

Album
Al's solo album has been waiting since 1961, and certainly since 1998. It doesn't seem reasonable to think one month delay would have an impact on the schedule.  He is recording on his own studio, he doesn't have recording fees or tight schedules (altough I guess his studio is booked by other artists).
Plus touring and being associated with Brian would only benefit his image and popularity. He could have even played one of the new songs and helped promoting the album.
Also, by resigning, Al is risking to deteriorate his relationship and collaboration with Brian, including guesting on his album (interesting to note the decision was apparently taken after Brian recorded for the album).
On the latest ESQ Al states his album is due this summer. I have a strong feeling that won't happen, even if he stays at home

Involvement
Al might have been unhappy on his limited involvement on the show. He only had few leads and was limited to rhythm guitar and harmonies. Which is exactly the same involvement he had in the Beach Boys since day 1.
So this seems quite an unreasonable explanation. Nobody would risk everything for a sudden ego trip.
I could maybe believe he discussed his wishes, but I don't think he would ever resign because of this.

Planned
It was all planned from the beginning to sell more tickets. Image suicide, extremely unlikely.
Also I was in contact with someone close to the band just few days ago and all indicated with certainty that Al would be there.
I trust that source 120%.

Personal
Al just realized he's happier at home and touring is no longer for him. Maybe family reasons force him to stay at home.
This is certainly a possibility. But again, the tour was definitively positive for his career and image so I'd guess he would try everything he could to attend it. 
In the last ESQ Al states that he considers himself a Beach Boys and that he's so happy to be part of this again, etc

Other
I can't think of other reasons, can you?  Maybe I'm overlooking something plainly simple..

Well, I'm pissed.

It's not only for the two concert tickets, two plane tickets to Germany, couple of nights at the hotel, days off at work (hard to get), no, it's mostly the disappointment to know that there goes the last and only chance to see Al Jardine ever.
And that really, really sucks!

Thanks for reading, comments are welcome.
STE

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »

I think these conspiracy theories get out of hand.
I'm not an insider, and I don't know anything. But I don't think most of you know much about this either.

AMEN

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »

It's nothing irregular for the Beach Boys story to have rumour, intrigue, confusion and strange things going on behind the scenes...and Mike Love isn't even involved!
I guess in about 20 years we will all be able to read about it!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »

I think after the Landy years I hope Al would come out and say if he thought Brian was being miss-handled today.

One for the pot. Mike called Al up to rejoin him!  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx