gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:59:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 25 Years Of Good Vibrations  (Read 2278 times)
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:24:33 PM »

Anyone have info on this Sunkist promo LP? 

Apparently this is a live album - are all tracks unique (i.e., not taken from other live albums)?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:40:36 PM »

A setlist here. Would be interesting to read a larger version of that back cover thow.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=356798
MBE
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:06:32 PM »

No it's not a live album. Runaway is live and only found here.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »

Well, what's the medley and stuff then?

(The album's subtitled "The 25th Anniversary Tour", but I don't know if that matters... Pink Floyd put out an album called "Tour '75" or something that was just a promotional album, and made up of studio tracks.)
MBE
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

It was sold at concerts. It was just the regular medley from 1981
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »

Clarification: it was sold at concerts during the 25th anniversary tour (along with my cartoon buttons of the BBs  Grin -- yes, really).

Emdeeh

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »

Clarification: it was sold at concerts during the 25th anniversary tour (along with my cartoon buttons of the BBs  Grin -- yes, really).

Emdeeh

WOW, you designed those cool buttons?  I've always wondered who did that!  I've been diggin' that cartoon ever since the summer of '86, when I bought mine at Ronsenblatt Stadium here in Omaha (along with the aforementioned Sunkist LP).  Good job, Emdeeh!  Smiley  REALLY cool!  Since it shows all six of them, with Dennis, I thought maybe they were left over from the '83 tour, but were they JUST sold in '86? 
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 08:16:36 PM »

Thanks for the kind comments, Craig!

Since it shows all six of them, with Dennis, I thought maybe they were left over from the '83 tour, but were they JUST sold in '86? 

As you might have guessed, there's a back story as to why there are six BBs on the button (badge, to our UK friends). When I met the guys in '84, I was wearing a prototype version of that button I'd drawn for myself (made while DW was still alive). Several of them took an interest in marketing it, and we started talking. It took two years to bring the project to fruition, which is why it was sold in '86. I agreed to do a more polished version of the artwork, and the Boys themselves wanted to keep Dennis in the illustration, as tribute to him.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:21:35 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »

I remember buying this LP from a vendor at a 1986 outdoor concert at Rice Stadium in Houston, Texas. It was kind of a subset of MADE IN USA with the addition of Runaway and the Medley. It also came with a tour program as well.

I just purchased another copy of it last year on ebay. It was still sealed and went for $5.00. Not bad.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx