gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:48:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New vocal harmony song: Existence Precedes Essence  (Read 3295 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »

http://download.yousendit.com/C2E876B83ABF024D

I wrote and recorded this song this afternoon. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:34:34 PM »

I always see you posting these threads and no one ever responds. I get to thinking, "Why is no one responding? Are Luther's songs that bad that no constructive criticism can be offered? I don't even wanna know." But, you know what, I can imagine how you must be feeling, no one responding to your threads.

So I listened to the song. It's pretty good. I really like the guitar. The lyrics are pretty dumb, but as the song progressed I was able to ignore them. Good harmonies.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »

I'm just offering to share with the people who want to download them. I don't care if people don't want to comment. I probably won't like their comments anyway. I didn't like yours.

Lyrics, by the way, so people may judge them dumb if they want. Maybe I'll write about the moon in June next time.

She asked me, "can you do this?" I said, "yeah."
She asked me, "can you do that?" I said, "yeah."
But "do" becomes "be" somewhere,
I swear,
and that's when I'm gonna let you down, my dear.
That's when I'm gonna let you down.

She reminded me of a book that I've read.
And I don't always understand all that I've read,
and less of what I've seen,
I swear,
and that's when I'm gonna let you down, my dear.
That's when I'm gonna let you down.

Waking up again, I want to fall back down to sleep.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »

I think your lyrics are good Luther. Certainly ALOT better than about 97% of the stuff thats making $$$$.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »

I probably won't like their comments anyway. I didn't like yours.

To avoid this, you should avoid this:

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50:24 PM »

I probably won't like their comments anyway. I didn't like yours.

To avoid this, you should avoid this:

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your advice, Joe. But I didn't say I didn't want to hear people's comments: obviously, I would like to hear them, as I said when I posted. What I said later was that 1) I don't mind if they don't comment, and then that 2) I probably wouldn't like the comments. Those all different things, and the lattermost wasn't meant to be dismissive toward anyone who might comment. If anything, it was the combination of what I explain below, and (separately) self-criticism at my over-sensitivity.

The thing I disliked about Aegir's comment (to be specific) wasn't that it was really true criticism. It was that it vague criticism, or unexplained criticism, and so it wasn't useful to me. "The lyrics are pretty dumb ... able to ignore them" just wasn't the sort of thing I'd expect about a lyrics written about a guy questioning his ability to fulfill the expectations of a woman, based on a half-assed recollection of a Sartre essay.

I don't mind anyone not liking anything. Too pretentious? Fine. Didn't know the reference, so it didn't make sense? Fine. Understood its intent, but it failed? No problem. I get it, but it's a dumb topic not worth being a song? Fine. If someone wants to comment, I prefer more than "lyrics are pretty dumb," that's all. If the comment is insult without any actual criticism, that's what I won't like.

Anyway, Joe, I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your opinion.

Aegir, I hope you understand this post isn't aimed at you and I have no hard feelings against you for your opinion. If you happen to think I was overly harsh in my follow-up to your post, sorry. You're welcome to PM me to discuss it if you feel such a thing necessary.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:11:28 PM by Luther » Logged

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »

LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:30:43 PM »

I'm glad you find something amusing. No need to share what it is, though.

And with all due respect, Joe (an amount we probably disagree on, by the way), if you're not going to participate in what this thread was intended for, please don't participate in this thread at all.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx