gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:29:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being with the one you love  (Read 4676 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2006, 03:46:57 PM »

After someone mentioned this song on the Blueboard, I listened to it for the first time in some months and man, what a fucking great song !! Why was that released only as a b-site (I think) ?  And the a-capella part "in a private space" sounds like something from Orange Crate Art to me, but I don't remember hat...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:06:42 PM »

I totally agree. This song moves me more than any other BW solo track. Amazing song. A lot better with that lyric than it's original form, "Doin' Time On Planet Earth".

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
RobtheNobleSurfer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:29:55 PM »

Did Andy have a hand in that track?

That's another of his solo songs that I should have put in my list. I actually wouldn't mind hearing Brian redo that song with his current band, the a capella part that was mentioned (with better voices) sounds very 4 Freshmen-like, a side of Brian's musicality that I really do miss.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 06:50:50 PM »

Agreed, this is a good one.  Actually a lot of those Gary Usher tracks from the Brian Wilson Project are excellent, and deserve to be given wider exposure:  I'm thinking of "Heavenly Bodies", "Turning Point" and "Magnetic Attraction" offhand.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

Yep, and the great Black Widow too. I can't believe that the worst song from that collaboration, Walkin' The Line, is the one that was used.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 07:00:48 PM »

I actually heard 'doing time on planet earth' before the re-write, and the melody helped get me thru many a dark day. Brian's melodies are heaven sent, and a sheer joy to listen to...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »

Agreed, this is a good one.  Actually a lot of those Gary Usher tracks from the Brian Wilson Project are excellent, and deserve to be given wider exposure:  I'm thinking of "Heavenly Bodies", "Turning Point" and "Magnetic Attraction" offhand.
Turning Point (real title: So Long) morphed into GIOMH's "You Touched Me"

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »

Agreed, agreed.  And "Black Widow" has got to be THE unreleased tune with the most potential, that I can think of at the moment anyway.

First post here at the new digs.  Nice to be back.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx