gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:48:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on PBS Donovan Concert  (Read 2161 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »

I was just cruising the dial on TV and came across a new Donovan "Live in L.A." concert on PBS, and all of a sudden I see Mike Love is on stage with him singing "Mellow Yellow." I don't know if that's the only song he comes on stage for, and from the latter portion of the song I heard, I couldn't even hear Mike Love in the audio mix. But you may want to check your local PBS listings to see if this is on. It's re-airing again later tonight on another local PBS station where I am, so I might tune in and see exactly why Mike Love was joining Donovan (I would imagine it is the 1968 India connection). The concert must be fairly recent. It has a 2007 date on my DirecTV listing, so it must have premiered on PBS fairly recently, so I would imagine it was taped/filmed within the last couple of years or so.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »

Interesting - on a Smile boot version of With Me Tonight (the long version), Brian tells the group to make the song "mellow" and Mike says "mellow yellow."  So apparently donovan was on Mike's radar long before the trip to Rishikesh.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »

The Mellow Yellow single was released in February '67. Was the WMT session before that date?

EDIT: forget it, the US single was released in Oct or Nov '66
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:57:59 PM by Dancing Bear » Logged

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx