gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 02:43:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beatles 50th?  (Read 5544 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »

I thought they reunited in 1995?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »

Hate to break it to you, but the beatles are a defunct act as of 1970.

They didn't have the staying power of the Beach Boys.

Sorry.

Wow, you must be some sort of genius. You know what anniversary means?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »

Has anybody heard anything of worth about Capitol doing things for the upcoming Beatles' 50th? And does it appear to be anything remotely similar to what we've had for the BBs of late?

The 50 year anniversary of the recording of the single Love Me Do came and went without so much as a peep from The Beatles, Apple or EMI, which is really a complete shame and a travesty!  The Single That Started It All.  (WTF?)

A lot of fans (well me) would like something "completely different" to celebrate a band called The Beatles.  Releasing the Hollywood Bowl concerts, the Shea and DC concerts on DVD and CD, there are about 8 more CDs of quite exciting BBC shows that could be released, the Let It Be DVD, the complete Sweden concerts and the Blackpool shows, plenty more interesting outtakes and live LPs, to excite new fans and old.

And.
Yet.
We.
Get.
(...............)

I've seen some Japanese imports I've been meaning to pick up at my local indie record store, and I'm most certain there was a CD with the Hollywood Bowl pictured on the cover.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx