gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:29:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alright, lets talk about Warmth of the Sun!  (Read 19269 times)
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2007, 11:54:20 AM »

Another big letdown for me was that he mentioned Dennis and not Carl as co-writer for "All this is that", something that the people could have edited out, because as we all know it is just wrong.

Yes, that was kind of a strange bit as that song doesn't even remotely sound like something Dennis could have written. I wonder if Brian even cares. More than once his comments about early seventies songs seemed to be clouded by his "That one brings up bad memories" mode. So those nice things he had to say about Al's California really came as a pleasant surprise. That said, it's kinda odd he seems to totally dislike Sail On Sailor while it's been one of his concert standards for so many years. I for once always thought the lyrics were great and an obvious improvement over the original lines by Ray Kennedy, whose version, while pleasant enough strikes me as far less precise than the finished version by Reiley or whoever wrote it in the end...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »

As of June 11, 2007, the album has sold 55,269 copies in the US

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
XY
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2007, 11:38:06 PM »

As of June 11, 2007, the album has sold 55,269 copies in the US

I have to admit, with 7 weeks in the US Billboard Top 200, I expected a bit more...
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »

For a 'greatest non-hits' compilation, I think it's done well. Joni Mitchell tried the same thing a few years back with a 'Misses' compilation to accompany her 'Hits'. I'm pretty sure it didn't do as well as TWOS.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »

An indication of how well "Misses" did is that I can't unload the thing at any local used CD store.
They don't want it.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »

Is it only me that thinks that the EQs have been overused a bit on this new compo?

I'm particularly thinking of Breakaway (or Break Away as it is now) which has been completely transformed into something almost uncomfortable to listen to. Surely the decision to make such a transformation should rest with the author, not the engineer?

And another thing... What were they thinking of when they did that to Cool Cool Water? Why wasn't there someone around to just say No! That's a terrible idea?

However,  Please Let Me Wonder sounds fabulous (much better than the original mix, which was pretty bad for most of that album, hiding all those BG vox away).

So there!  Cheesy

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »

What were they thinking of when they did that to Cool Cool Water? Why wasn't there someone around to just say No! That's a terrible idea?

That was the original single mix. Now we know why it bombed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx