gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:08:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which came first: M.I.U. or the Christmas album  (Read 5091 times)
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »

I appreciate the attempt Luther....it's good to know I'm not alone.....!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

Just as an aside, since there have been two questions in this thread about spelling ("dreck" and "senselessly"), I'd just like to add that "definitely" is spelled D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y.  I didn't see anyone use that word here, but it is a word that has become misspelled more and more in the age of the internet.  I think it started about ten years ago with a few people on some message boards somewhere (not necessarily BB related), and then from there, it just spread like wildfire over the years.  I've had people at work tell me adamantly that I was wrong, but they were wrong.  Anyway, I'd say that more people misspell it than spell it correctly. 

There's a website about it:

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com

Check it out!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »

Just as an aside, since there have been two questions in this thread about spelling ("dreck" and "senselessly"), I'd just like to add that "definitely" is spelled D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y.  I didn't see anyone use that word here, but it is a word that has become misspelled more and more in the age of the internet.  I think it started about ten years ago with a few people on some message boards somewhere (not necessarily BB related), and then from there, it just spread like wildfire over the years.  I've had people at work tell me adamantly that I was wrong, but they were wrong.  Anyway, I'd say that more people misspell it than spell it correctly. 

Check it out!

Funny. As a word-nerd, I appreciate the website about it.

(While I am a nerd, I still forget spellings. Hence the dreck question. I'm not too proud to admit my forgetfulness on occasion.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

Check it out!

I'll definetly watch out for that...
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »

I will definately be careful of such drek and sensfully spell from now on. I promise.  LOL
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

I am definitely guilty of that...I caught myself doing it all the time, so I spell checked and figured out an easy way to remember it....just break it up......

DE----FINIT----ELY
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »

That's all very interesting. Really.
But it doesn't shed any light on the M.I.U / Christmas dilemma.

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:24 AM »

California Feeling sounds like it could be good if given the right arrangement. I first heard about it reading in the Timothy White Book where he seems excited at least. When I heard the plodding 1978 version, I thought "What the hell?", In fact I much prefer the Rocky Pamplin version, the vocal is more spirited and the backing track is better, I know no one will agree with me!
but no, that doesn't answer any questions about the Christmas/MIU album. In my opinion, a hybrid of MIU and Adult Child would have made a solid and enjoyable late 1970s album.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
MBE
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 01:49:06 AM »

Rocky's is good. The 1978 is ok but mastered on the bootlegs a bit slow. If sped up slightly it sounds good to me.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx