gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:29:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Warmth of the Sun" CD Includes Previously Unreleased Download at Best Buy  (Read 3751 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:41:24 AM »

Apparently, as with last years "Pet Sounds" reissue, Best Buy will once again be offering an exclusive download with their copies of the "Warmth of the Sun" CD. However, this time it will be a previously unreleased track. Could it be a "Smile" outtake? A Dennis track like "Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again"? Um, no. It will be............a live version of "409" from Chicago, 1965.

I'm not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, I don't like doing the download thing, not even for a freebie like this (I've actually never accessed one of these types of download deals before, but I've read accounts of some people having trouble getting the thing to work), and I don't like the idea of online exclusives or retailer exclusives, so I'm glad that they didn't release anything terribly substantial as a download-only, exclusive to one retailer. On the other hand, this is about the least substantial unreleased track they possibly could have come up with.

Anyway, you can order it (or, right now, pre-order it) from the Best Buy website, which is also offering free shipping for the CD. Here is a link from the Best Buy website with info about their "exclusive":

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=NLTNKIDS0PSW3KC4D3GFAFQ?type=category&id=pcmcat120600050004
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:52:45 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:48:40 AM »

I'll wait for someone to burn me a CDR of all the 'exclusive' downloads.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
XY
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:56:38 AM »

I'll wait for someone to burn me a CDR of all the 'exclusive' downloads.  Roll Eyes

but that's illegal, my friend. police

At least they've chosen a track that isn't available on boots yet. I like the Chicago songs (with Brian) and can't wait to hear this.
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 08:05:12 AM »

.. I'm with AGD.

I can't really get excited about that exclusive download. If it had been a Denny unreleased track or .. heck! .. something studio-based at the very least .. I might've done the do with Best Buy.

I'll just buy the regular edition when Woolworths get it for £6.99.

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 10:41:20 PM »

Best Buy, which is right by my house, is where I usually buy the popular releases on the day they come out, anyway.  So this will be a nice little bonus...the price is not bad, either.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx