gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680870 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:26:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl and Warren Zevon  (Read 2422 times)
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »

What was their connection or was there one?  How did Carl get to know Warren Zevon? Were they friends or did Warren just ask Carl to sing for him because he wanted that  Beach Boys sound for Desperados Under the Eaves?  Huh
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:53:02 PM »

I'm a huge Zevon fan, but didn't know about any connection with Carl. Could you fill me in on what you know?  Smiley
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:50 AM »

I don't know that much. Just that Carl and Billy Hinshe (I think) sang backing vocals on Desperados Under the Eaves and I  think Carl arranged the background vocals/harmonies. I'm hoping someone here knows how that association came about. I guess Billy would know. I've seen him post on one of the boards in the past but can't remember which one.
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:02:09 AM »

If you are interested in Warren Zevon/Beach Boys connetions, check out The Lost Beach Boy.  David Marks and Warren were a very close friends, room mates and musical partners for the better part of a decade.  The story of David introducing Warren to Brian Wilson for the first time is in the book.
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 05:21:14 AM »

Thanks Carrie! I think it goes without saying that anyone reading this board will likely be buying the book!  Roll Eyes
Did David introduce Warren to Carl also?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx