gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:07:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Who did the better live lead vocal on Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Carl - 11 (39.3%)
Al - 17 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Best Live Lead Vocal on Wouldn't It Be Nice: Carl or Al?  (Read 4609 times)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2007, 10:45:17 PM »

Who did the better live lead vocal on WIBN?  Carl or Al?  There was a thread about this, and I thought I'd start a poll to see what people think...

I chose to leave Brian off of this poll simply because his live lead vocal was not part of the discussion thread that has been going on.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:41:15 AM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:01:54 PM »

The strangest live version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" that I've heard is from an Arizona show in 1988. It's actually kind of a mess, as it sounds like nobody can decide who is supposed to be singing the lead. At various points, Carl, Al, Mike, and Jeff Foskett all kind of trip over each other singing the lead parts, sometimes in unison, sometimes unintentionally so. Even Mike starts doubling (or tripling) the lead prior to his bridge.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »

I vote Al even tho he forgets the words sometimes.  LOL
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 09:03:44 PM »

That Arizona version is strange, I have the same one. Kind of starts with all of them, then Carl on the verse leads and Al on the ending of each verse.. " Wouullddn't It Bee Nicce"   I think Al sung that phrasing the best. I think 88 was the year there were some issues. I have an 87 concert with mainly Al with a little help from Jeff.  Mike had a habit of singing over others parts,  particularly to Al. He did it with Rhonda late 70s early 80s as well
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 02:51:32 AM »

The strangest live version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" that I've heard is from an Arizona show in 1988. It's actually kind of a mess, as it sounds like nobody can decide who is supposed to be singing the lead. At various points, Carl, Al, Mike, and Jeff Foskett all kind of trip over each other singing the lead parts, sometimes in unison, sometimes unintentionally so. Even Mike starts doubling (or tripling) the lead prior to his bridge.

Can't remember, I have to look.

I vote Al even tho he forgets the words sometimes.  LOL

Carl too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72d4En8BJeg

I don't like it when Mike sings lead on "Help Me, Rhonda" at Knebworth or WIBN in Melbourne with Al.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx