gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 09:14:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Hinsche to join Brian ..  (Read 2741 times)
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:22:02 AM »

from the Blooboard -

"Hello everyone: Brian's European tour dates have been confirmed and you can find the latest information on the Tour page of this site. Now, here are two more great reasons to see Brian perform his greatest hits:

1) Al Jardine will be joining Brian exclusively for this European tour, and those who have seen - and heard - Al with Brian agree that these are shows not to be missed.

2) Stellar sideman and long-time friend Billy Hinsche will also be on hand, lending his great talent to an already fabulous band. "

might end up with Ed Carter and Mike Meros!!  Grin

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:00:47 AM »

Strange. I wonder, is anyone from the regualr band dropping out, or are they just adding Billy? With all due respect to Billy, Al and the existing band members, how many guitars do we need at one time? Nick, Jeff, (often) Probyn, and now both Al and Billy?

And not to be sacrilegious to those who are so glad to have a larger "Beach Boys" presence in the band, but I think the existing band members all sing better than Billy. (And at least as good as Al's current voice, for that matter.)

I hope Brian's shows don't just turn even more into nostalgia fests, bringing back old friends as opposed to the great band he has assembled and used these past 6-8 years.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:04:34 AM »

how many guitars do we need at one time? Nick, Jeff, (often) Probyn, and now both Al and Billy?

Billy can play keys too, right?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »

how many guitars do we need at one time? Nick, Jeff, (often) Probyn, and now both Al and Billy?

True--he can. Of course then you have Scott, Darian (? is he on this tour) and Billy all on keys. Kind of the same issue. If Billy sits in for Darian, though, I guess that starts making sense.

Your post reminds me of the versatility of so many of these musicians Brian has associated himself with. It'd be fun to see a list of all the instruments each of the band members can play. I mean, Probyn alone goes through more than half a dozen instruments in every show. We know Scott is pretty much a one-man band. Jeff plays guitars, ukeleles and banjos on stage. Nelson plays several. What a band...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »

True--he can. Of course then you have Scott, Darian (? is he on this tour) and Billy all on keys. Kind of the same issue. If Billy sits in for Darian, though, I guess that starts making sense.

Your post reminds me of the versatility of so many of these musicians Brian has associated himself with. It'd be fun to see a list of all the instruments each of the band members can play. I mean, Probyn alone goes through more than half a dozen instruments in every show. We know Scott is pretty much a one-man band. Jeff plays guitars, ukeleles and banjos on stage. Nelson plays several. What a band...

Don't forget Jeff plays auxiliary  percussion too! (hey yeah Marcella)

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 09:36:20 AM »

alright, sounds cool

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
SG7
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 12:17:30 PM »

As for a confirmation, yes Darian is suppose to be there... at least for the New Jersey shows.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »

As for a confirmation, yes Darian is suppose to be there... at least for the New Jersey shows.

Wait, New Jersey has been moved to Europe? Anyway, I certainly don't know all of the ins and outs.  However, simply from a listener's POV, Hinsche would appear to be completely excess baggage.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:29:09 PM »

... Hinsche would appear to be completely excess baggage.

Oh Gawd....Brians going to do The Fat Boys song!  Razz
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:30:07 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

Please God nooooooooooooo!!!! Maybe give Billy Sail on Sailor lead...he did it for a number of years for them.  I always loved Billy's voice on I'm Waiting for the Day in the mid 70's...he and Al shared the lead, fantastic job!!! This tour seems like a great opportunity for a CD or DVD...is there any chance of that???
Can Brian and Al release something together as long as they don't use the Beach Boys name?? Although I am sure Mike would find some way for a lawsuit on that cause its probably one of his worst nightmares!
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 02:50:30 AM »

Wait, New Jersey has been moved to Europe?.

LOL

Great, now I will see Brian, Al, Jeff and Billy at least 4 people from the band I like.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
XY
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »

Quote from: Luther
but I think the existing band members all sing better than Billy. (And at least as good as Al's current voice, for that matter.)

I hope Brian's shows don't just turn even more into nostalgia fests, bringing back old friends as opposed to the great band he has assembled and used these past 6-8 years.

Quote from: southbay
However, simply from a listener's POV, Hinsche would appear to be completely excess baggage.

Quote from: TheOther Anonymous
Oh Gawd....Brians going to do The Fat Boys song!

You are all just jealous that we European fans get a chance to see 2 1/2 original BB on stage this summer while you only get 1 1/2.  Grin
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »

Quote from: Luther
but I think the existing band members all sing better than Billy. (And at least as good as Al's current voice, for that matter.)

Quote from: southbay
However, simply from a listener's POV, Hinsche would appear to be completely excess baggage.

Quote from: TheOther Anonymous
Oh Gawd....Brians going to do The Fat Boys song!

You are all just jealous that we European fans get a chance to see 2 1/2 original BB on stage this summer while you only get 1 1/2.  Grin

No, no really. In fact, I doubt I'll see any.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx