-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:12:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Where are you from?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 55783 times)
Marty77
Smiley Smile Associate

Boys And Girls.I give you Cumbernauld Town Centre!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:05 AM »

I spent a couple weeks in Glasgow and loved it. I'd offer to trade spots with you, but I love Minneapolis, too.

My orig post is a bit misleading. Cumbernauld was actually voted the most dismal town in Scotland. (see profile pic)

I LOVE GLASGOW!!!

I would recommend to anyone to visit. Beer

"Dont' you think the Beach Boys are boss??!! ....I don't like that surfing sh*t"
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »

Well, you pretty much summed up my visit with that emoticon...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »

Not many of those posters were regulars in 2007.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 07:16:24 AM »

Cluj-Napoca, Romania's second most populated city.
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »

Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  We're pretty far from the Pacific...but we have Lake Michigan...but you can't really surf on it!  Grin

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

Good ol' Indianapolis, Indiana for me!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Currently Sydney Australia originally from New Zealand Smiley

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »

Eugene, Oregon, baby!

A discipline daddy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

born in Houston Texas live in Alvin Texas

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »

Born in DC, lived in Virginia most of my life and living in Connecticut for two years.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »

The professor is originally from New Jersey. after that New York City and Columbia University. As is clear from my many posts, I live in Los Angeles and I try to visit as many Beach Boys spots that I can, including that Pizza Show I visited in Hawthorne. For reasons that are obvious only to the readers here, I drive through the South Bay and visit Redondo about once a week, just to sit and watch the waves while listening to our Beach Boys
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:55:59 AM by the professor » Logged
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »

The professor is originally from New Jersey. after that New York City and columbia University. As is clear from my many posts, I live in Los Angeles And I try to visit as many Beach Boys spot since I can including that pizza show I've visited in Hawthorne. For reasons that are obvious only to the readers here, I drive through the South Bay and visit Redondo about once a week Just to sit and watch the waves in listen to our Beach Boys

That sounds nice, Professor!
I've never even been to sunny California.
I've gotta get there soon.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

The professor is originally from New Jersey. after that New York City and columbia University. As is clear from my many posts, I live in Los Angeles And I try to visit as many Beach Boys spot since I can including that pizza show I've visited in Hawthorne. For reasons that are obvious only to the readers here, I drive through the South Bay and visit Redondo about once a week Just to sit and watch the waves in listen to our Beach Boys

Columbia University?  And you write like that?  Did you graduate?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »

Ouch.

- Dr. Seuss
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »

I am going to write you a fan letter, Mikie.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:56:17 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »

From southern Indiana, a few miles from the Ohio River. Since then have lived in northern Dutchess County, NY; Louisville, Kentucky; Lexington, Kentucky; Louisville again for a time; then in the Montery, California area for five years in the '90s (though I never crossed paths with Al - I only drove through Big Sur once, late one evening) and since then, the Maryland suburbs of DC.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:38 AM »

I regret that in my haste (and while involved in some family matters, as I noted in some previous posts) I "dictated" a message to my phone and then failed to proofread it; I have since modified the text. Please pardon my error. My zeal for our fellowship exceeded my time and attention in composition. I'm sure Mikie was just being funny, and he was right to chide me, affectionately I assume, for my errors. (I have not mastered that microphone function),

However, of course the correct question is not "did you graduate" but "were you graduated?" And, for those curious, I was, along with Obama himself, on May 15, 1983.

Happy New Year to all. Let's hope for some good BB news ASAP.

The Professor
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »

Gravesend, Kent in England (UK)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »

I guess Im the only Australian here?
If memory serves, also Alholio71, Wild-Honey, Quzi, William Bowe, WWDWD? & maybe TonyW.
Good topic, btw. Enjoyed knowing about who is from where.

Yes your memory serves you well Smiley   Born in Fremantle Western Australia (best city in Aus IMO) and still live here, though I lived far north west aus in a mining town called Karratha for 7 years and Melbourne for 3.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2013, 01:20:13 AM »

Uk
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2013, 01:20:55 AM »

Huh
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2013, 04:53:52 AM »

'these vagabond shoes', or NYC.

i have seen lots of places, and one of them was chinatown. then finland- iceland-gb-france-bulgaria....the list goes on and on.....

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Paulos
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »

I am from Coventry, United Kingdom, a city with a long and rich history but unfortunately it is now an utter sh*t-hole. Famous Coventrians include Frank Whittle who invented the jet engine and the Cat Bin Lady.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2013, 03:28:25 AM »

Originally posted this some five years ago, but just to underscore why I found JR's comment that I'd be cheering on Mike & Bruce in SeaWorld so hugely amusing (but what else would you expect from a graduate of the Fallon School of Charm & Deportment ?)...

I live in southern England, in the Surrey/Hampshire border country, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: