-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Happy Spring!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Happy Spring!!!  (Read 4260 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »

Hi all,

Happy Spring to all of you!!!   I hear the birds.  The trees will have have leaves.  The flowers will bloom.  Days of sun are near.  Rebirth and joy after a long winter. 
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »

I love spring.

Took a walk to a lake yesterday and took this picture with my smartphone:

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »

Hi Mary,

you live in New York, right? Is it so slow in the area that spring starts too late there? Isn't 1st of March when the spring begins? No? And what do you mean "days of sun are near"? I have serious trouble with that line. coz we have sun in winter as well. Let's discuss while I drink cup of tea. 3D sorry, no Mimosa around here.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »

I love spring.

Took a walk to a lake yesterday and took this picture with my smartphone:

Agreed, SF. Spring is the season. Great picture there...

And Happy Spring to you too, Mary.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

Hi all,

Swedish Frog, what a beautiful picture!!!

RangeRover1, Days of warm sun.  Everyone has their own opinion of when spring starts.  The meteorologists say March 1st, some people say the calendar first day of spring and others say April 1.  Others say when they see the first robin or when the first flower blooms. 

John k, thank you for your wishes!!!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 03:16:46 PM »

Yes, Mary, not just the sun, but the Warmth of the Sun.
I remember walking the streets of St Petersburg, Russia (technically then still USSR) in September 1991. The sun was shining , not a cloud in the sky, but man it was so cold! Still remember that after all these years.
I sometimes think that it would be better to live in a four season area, where the new growth of spring would be appreciated more. Down here in Deep South USA the temperature in my city didn't get down to freezing this year, and maybe had scattered frost one morning. Thus, in the 'dead of winter' one could hear the sound of lawn mowers cutting the lawns. And that ain't right!  Smiley

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 06:50:04 AM »

Ah Spring, always the best time of the year to give "Pitter Patter" a few whirls.  Happy Dance

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 06:52:47 AM »

First day of Spring in the mid Atlantic yesterday, and it felt like winter. 

Far too cold to leave the house to get a free Rita's. 

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »

We had 70 and sunny on March 12, only to get maybe 3/4" of snow March 19. Spring in Minnesota... But with daylight hours exceeding night for the first time in forever and plants budding, I'm not complaining. Enjoy what you can, when you can.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 11:34:20 AM »

Yes, Mary, not just the sun, but the Warmth of the Sun.
I remember walking the streets of St Petersburg, Russia (technically then still USSR) in September 1991. The sun was shining , not a cloud in the sky, but man it was so cold! Still remember that after all these years.
Sure. Days of "warm" sun. Anyway. You say you came from South. St. Petersburg is north capital but it's not cold there, actually, degree-wise. It's akin to London - fogs, humid weather & cold winds. Some people are sensitive for slightest cold/ such weather. People who live where the air is dry, they don't feel well & start getting ill in the humid areas. Vice versa. If you were from, say, Alaska, Montana, whatever the coldest state - you would be okay. This country is big; not everywhere is cold. F.ex. Sochi, Anapa. Nice resort cities with lots of days of not just warm but hot sun. You'd get a kick out of them.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »

I am fascinated by Russia (history, music,people). Hope to get back there some day.
Part of the problem when I was in St Petersburg back then was not having the right clothing. I don't even have a coat - doesn't get cold enough days to warrant having one.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »

Isn't it cool? It's very economical to live in warm places. You don't have to buy fur coat. If I decided to move to the States, that would be California. wishful thinking.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: