gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:00:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Al Jardine Pet Sounds show Keswick Theatre 2006  (Read 11761 times)
SG7
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »

This was a show I thought I would never happen. After seeing Brian in '05, I thought it was all over. That retirement thing I thought would be true. All of a sudden in September word got out he was touring Pet Sounds with Al Jardine! Even if I had "left the scene" I really didn't want to miss not going. So my Mom got tickets the night they came out.
I had a friend named Anthony. He's from England and we've been friends since late 2004. He is spoiled rotten with Brian in the U.K. so he never thought of coming to see him in Philly ever. Somehow I was able to convince him, I got so psyched.
I didn't figure out what I would wear till the night of. At the last minute I got a shirt that said Smile on it with yellow and green lettering and a striped shirt and my good pink flower jeans. It was the first Brian show I tried to curl my hair at the ends but I ended up looking like Farrah instead
It took a while to get to the keswick because they had done a lot of construction on the roads since we were in '04 seeing Brian but we got to the tavern around five. It was there I met the infamous *Jeff and *Tina. I had seen and heard much about them on the various boards I'm on. What turned me off about them was they kept forgetting I met them every time I came to their table! The people that were sitting next to them were sort of clueless. They didn't even know the Beach Boys had message boards on them!  How can you not know seriously? Plus the wife who got all bitchy to me when I told her I had passes. Seriously it was weird having the shoe on the other foot.

I was trying to look for Anthony but he didn't seem to be anywhere. I got my mom to order soup and coke for me as I tried to find more people. I saw Susan who runs the conventions and I was happy to see her. She might not hold the convention she does every year because of Brian and Co. doing a SIX night gig at the R.F.H. (Royal Festival Hall) next summer. I met up with some other people and I did finally get to meet Anthony. He was really nice as he was online. 
This was also a special show for me because it was my first with passes. Due to good fate, good genes or good taste I was able to obtain them for the after show. It was funny because they needed I.D. and of course I didn't know so I get my Mom over to have them. I ended up hating the seats I was in due to the obstruction but this guy next to me was a creep!! Turned out he works for McDonalds (I hope I get this story right) and Mike Love ended up going to his! Brian's wife and kids and from what I hear Carnie was at our show as well. My mom thinks it was the woman who kept hearing sunglasses but I have no desire to get stalkerish.

The first half I thought was good. It was nice to have Scott remember who I was and wave to me. The band was really there and to see Al with Brian was so awesome. This is just my opinion but Brian wasn't there like he was last year. He acted more like when I saw him the first time. He didn't smile a whole lot. It was the same old set with "Row Row Your Boat". I did see though they took some liberties with "Marcella" and gave Taylor some more vocal time (the guy next to me didn't seem to mind that though ).

Then there was intermission and I was bored, and this really hot guy kept looking at me. I was thinking in the back of my mind "what the hell? guys don't ever check me out!" Turned out the guy was from myspace (thanks Tom) and we had commented each other on there. Just then I saw Erin, who I met at a Peter Tork concert (yes folks it IS a small world). She saw me just after I scored the guy's number and it was just so ramdom.

Then the second part of the show was Brian, Al and band to perform Pet Sounds. The band of course kicks major a$$ and so they do no wrong musically. Brian just looked like he was going through the motions and poor Al looked kind of lost in the sea of talented, young musicians. It all sounded great but I think the magic of seeing him, the whole aura is sort of dying for me. No one was allowed near the front (no dancing onstage folks). I got as near as I could and I danced as close I could. It was a great encore and always "Love and Mercy" was the end.
I said goodbye to the cutie (more about him later) and got my passes on and went waiting. I saw so many people I knew but there just wasn't as much time as I would have liked to. First Jeff Foskett, Brian and Al came out. I got out of my seat to go over. I knew the moment I saw him he was kind of tired. I only reintroduced myself and told him he did a good show. I had already met Al and Jeff... I'll get to you another time.
Then... Darian came out  He was lost in the sea of people and he knew who I was off the bat. I couldn't help but be the human paver of enthusiasm. I think I scared the poor man. At least he knows who I am now
I saw the cutie was still out, getting Darian's autograph and what not. Helped him get his pic with Darian. We parted ways and my mom and I got home by midnight.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:24:41 PM »

I can't tell if this is a concert review or a diary entry Razz

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
wiggbuggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:27 PM »

^ lol, in going to a brian wilson concert on may 12 he's coming to new jersey! cant wait my first time seeing him Grin
SG7
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:37:21 PM »

Wow I am seeing him the day before you! (May 11th at Bergen)
wiggbuggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:47:31 AM »

oh wow cool Afro Cool
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 03:26:01 PM »

Wow I am seeing him the day before you! (May 11th at Bergen)

So you are going to that concert? Where are you sitting?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SG7
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »

Yes I will be going!! Orch F 16  Grin
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »

Maybe I'll see you there. I'm sitting in K 2.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SG7
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »

Cool. There is suppose to be a meet up as far as I know at the eatery next door.  Grin
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »

This show review is no doubt a diary..!! It also shows U how much it takes to get backstage.. I have no energy to do + go thru the BS..!!!!!!!!!!.. its just nice to see a good BW show.. with all the trimmings..!!!!!!!!!.. other stuff no desire..!!
SG7
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »

Sorry you feel that way Mr. Wilson but this is MY story of events and not yours. I wrote how it happened at the time so if you don't like it well you can read another thread now can you???
Wilsonista
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »

I saw Brian/Al in DC the night before. I don't know what it was but Brian seemed more up then he was at the show you went to. It was great seeing Al sing lead vocals on GREAT live performances, but I do admit noticing that he looked a little lost when he wasn't actively particpating. Which then turned into woefully obvious attempts at looking like he wasn't lost.
SG7
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »

He was like that at my show last year too so I was kind of bummed. At least when I met him in '05 he was so THERE that night it was insane. So I least got to see that.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:13:33 PM »

I saw Brian/Al in DC the night before. I don't know what it was but Brian seemed more up then he was at the show you went to. It was great seeing Al sing lead vocals on GREAT live performances, but I do admit noticing that he looked a little lost when he wasn't actively particpating. Which then turned into woefully obvious attempts at looking like he wasn't lost.

That was a great night in DC, wasn't it? The performances were outstanding I thought. My first time seeing Brian live and Al for that matter...what a treat.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx