gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681014 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 03:08:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Gilmour interview  (Read 4348 times)
Sir Rob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:22:33 AM »

"Gilmour has not bought the Arctic Monkeys album. He likes them, he says. "But it is a young person's thing and I can't pretend to be there. I don't want to listen to the Arctic Monkeys or the Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand particularly." He exhales loudly and winces. "I've been there, and my poor old ears and brain just don't ... I have changed, over the years. I probably would have loved that when I was in my 20s. But, you know, I like slower tempos and melody and stuff." He looks alarmed, suddenly, and says: "I don't want to become Neil Diamond or Barry Manilow or anyone." "

He should be so lucky!

Actually, he seems a pretty good bloke (and he loves Bob Dylan!):

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1722629,00.html

In history, we painted pictures grim.  The devil knows we might feel that way again.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:39:43 AM »

Good article...wonder if it's his last time to tour?..they seem to hint at it at the end...

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:55:53 AM »

"Former guitarist of Pink Floyd".

About time someone admits they're on permanant hiatus.

Anyone else  notice the physical similarites between Gilmour and Barrett these days?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:27:45 PM »

Anyone else  notice the physical similarites between Gilmour and Barrett these days?

The resemblance is uncanny, actually. I wonder if they sound the same also. I mean speaking voice, not guitar playing. Come to think of it, guitar playing also! No, just kidding.

Being more of a Pink Floyd group fan than the individual/solo artist fan, I would like to see them record and tour again. At least with Live 8 they proved that they could STILL do it. I actually think they will some day...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:31:49 PM »

Did you notice how there were far less auxillary musicians than in the past? Thank God, because I personally hate it when a band of excellent musicians fill out their sound with 10-15 extra people,the point where you can't hear the original band anymore. See also Music, Roxy.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rob68
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »

Got ON AN ISLAND today.......nothing groundbreaking, but a nice, mellow album for $9.99  Grin........great packaging, too......like a little book.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 12:26:41 PM »

does the new album have many of those exceptionally tasty guitar bits he is known for?

I always admired his ability to phrase on the guitar..........just right....not too showy but very nice
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx