gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 11:40:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson is the #2 craziest pop star ever  (Read 6342 times)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 05:03:17 AM »

These two guys should be #1 together because they're both legitimately insane.

They shouldn't even be on the list, theyre not musicians, they are criminals and sickos (as has been said before). How people can be like that is beyond me. I cant believe people can even like these sort of guys, most of them arent in it for the music they're just in it to be a weirdo and get attention and some weirdo sick-twisted fans, so thats why I dont think they should be on the list. Its like the band Canibal Corpse (I think thats how you spell it). In my football (soccer) team a few years back my team mates used to talk about their lyrics etc.. Some of these people are just not cool.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 05:45:44 AM »

Its like the band Canibal Corpse (I think thats how you spell it). In my football (soccer) team a few years back my team mates used to talk about their lyrics etc.. Some of these people are just not cool.

Kids just want to rebel. They want to do stuff that their parents and teachers don't agree with. In the 50s shaking your hips on TV was enough to shock people, in the 60s long hair for boys and miniskirts were scandalous and in the 70s you had to put safety pins through your ears and have a mohawk to freak your parents out. Nowadays it's a bit harder to shock people cause they've seen and heard everything before. Nowadays kids have parents that grew up with hardrock. So you have to listen to some pretty extreme stuff to freak your parents out nowadays. Some of these extreme metal bands are pretty insane, but I'd say that the majority is about the same thing that the Sex Pistols were about - helping kids to get on their parents' nerves.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 05:46:51 AM by shelter » Logged
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 06:17:44 AM »

Its like the band Canibal Corpse (I think thats how you spell it). In my football (soccer) team a few years back my team mates used to talk about their lyrics etc.. Some of these people are just not cool.

Kids just want to rebel. They want to do stuff that their parents and teachers don't agree with. In the 50s shaking your hips on TV was enough to shock people, in the 60s long hair for boys and miniskirts were scandalous and in the 70s you had to put safety pins through your ears and have a mohawk to freak your parents out. Nowadays it's a bit harder to shock people cause they've seen and heard everything before. Nowadays kids have parents that grew up with hardrock. So you have to listen to some pretty extreme stuff to freak your parents out nowadays. Some of these extreme metal bands are pretty insane, but I'd say that the majority is about the same thing that the Sex Pistols were about - helping kids to get on their parents' nerves.

Yeh thats very true, I guess Im different cause I like The Beach Boys (just like my dad) so I get on pretty well with him, even though thats about all (and other bands) we share in common it still means that I have something to talk to him about. But Ive never been one to try and get on my parents' nerves, I just dont see the point, if you dont want to see your parents, why not go out with friends to the movies or the park or whatever and just get away from them. But I spose everyone has differing opinions, especially when your a kid.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »

I know how great the Beach Boys could be, but not many other dudes around where I live know. I feel as if it's kind of rebelling against the status quo of the local hipster culture by listening to the BB's. It was said on Brian's A&E Bio that...["the BB's are not supposed to be hip, they are supposed to move you emotionally.."] Not that this has anything to do with Brian being the #2 whatever that means craziest Rocker ever.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:34 PM »

I remember hearing an interview with Brian circa 1974 in which Brian says that Roger McGuinn has a laser beam??? I'm not sure what on earth he was talking about!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »

I feel as if it's kind of rebelling against the status quo of the local hipster culture by listening to the BB's.

The funny thing about hipsters...hang on to the same thing (in this case, Beach Boys), and every few years the hipsters get into it again. Beatles sound...BW sound...Stones sound...Smiths sound...folkie sound...Zep sound..Beatles sound...BW sound...Stones sound...Smiths sound...etc ad infinitum. My theory on this is that the hipsters just change. Everyone goes through a phase of each of the "classics," discovering them in time just like every teen/young adult "discovers" sex. So someone comes across the Beatles, spreads it among hipster-friends, and it's a scene. It wears out, they move on. But someone else soon discovers the Beatles!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:50:49 PM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
MBE
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 05:05:17 AM »

The Lazer thing I think he was talking about a television. I seem to remember the 1976 David Felton article on Brian's comeback in Rolling Stone mentioned that Brian had one.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx