gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:37:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is everything Jeff Fosket sings golden?  (Read 1910 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »

I've heard his Tribs/Rarities album, his work with Brian on the tribute dvd and PS live, Roxy, and Smile...isn't everything he does amazing? i'm sure someone disagrees with me and the CEO of falsetto

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Breakaway
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:27:02 PM »

While young BW's falsetto will always be my favorite, I do enjoy Jeff's singing. I really like his fun Thru My Window album (in addition to his work with Brian) and would like to hear more from him. I'll probably check out the Tributes and Rarities one next myself.

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times."
"Oh, reality, it's not for me, and it makes me laugh."
"All these people make me feel so alone..."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »

his covers of ELO's Telephone Line, the Sunrays' I live for the Sun, and the song Fish are worth the price of admission, let alone the vocals only version of Laughter in the Rain

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 07:10:26 AM »

his covers of ELO's Telephone Line, the Sunrays' I live for the Sun, and the song Fish are worth the price of admission, let alone the vocals only version of Laughter in the Rain

Yep, FISH! is amazing, I love the way he slides into the falsetto at the end of the first verse.

If you can find Cool & Gone, Jeffrey does the old Jesse Colin Young tune "Sunlight" and it's just heavenly. "It's My Fault" is great too, as is "Everybody" and "Summer Means New Love".

On Twelve & Twelve, I love the duet with Jeff Larson on Larson's "The Word Go".  And he and Larry Ramos (from The Association) do a killer version of the Hollies' "I Can't Let Go".

I could go on and on. It's all good!

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 07:16:25 AM »

Not to stray too far from the topic, but I just want to note that I think the rest of Brian's backing band is pretty amazing vocally, too. Jeff stands out because of his falsetto--hard to miss such soaring lines atop the arrangements--but Darian, Jeff, Nick, Probyn, Nelson, Taylor, not to mention Mike when he was in the group, all make up what has been the most remarkably accurate vocal pop group I've ever heard live.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

my favourite song of his is e.xkate - just the thought of Jeff on a skate board.......
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 04:32:15 PM »

At one of the Carl Wiison Foundation benefit shows a few years back, Jeff stepped up to the front to sing Carl's song "Today" from the Beckley-Lamm-WIlson album.

Oh.. My... Gawd.

He was amazing.  He nailed Carl's part quite nicely, and yet he put his own individual stamp on the song.  For me it was one of the outstanding highlights of that show.   Or any BB-related show, for that matter.

Alan

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx