gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:22:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW solos on vinyl- their sound?  (Read 2357 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »

I'm sure BW 88 is on vinyl, wondering if it sounds more dated...but actually, with my theory of BB85 album on vinyl, it actually sounds ballsier than the one on cd...I bet rio grande rocks on vinyl...pretty sure Imagination isn't on viny.

but isn't GIOMH? I'm sure whatever the media, even 8-track, most all hate the sound...but I never got this on vinyl, wonderin how it sounds...
and finally, SMiLE on vinyl, i wish i had it so bad...how's it sound compared to the cd?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »

BW88 is definitely on vinyl, I saw one in the Salvation Army, still in its shrinkwrap a few years back for like a dollar, but I wasn't as Beach Boys-obsessed so I didn't get it.. I regret that decision.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:22:49 PM »

i bet

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:00:22 AM »

GIOMH on an Edison cylinder would still suck.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »

GIOMH was released on vinyl - as a double album on a  see through yellow / orange vinyl. I thought the sound was improved from the CD esp on tracks like "City Blues" which sounded brasher on CD. I wish though that they would just use high quality balck vinyl (same though applies to the recent Pet Sounds double) as coloured vinyl generally seems to have more imperfections(I'm sure this is not true for Japanese coloured pressings though).
sidewinder572
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »

Smile is night and day compared to the CD
L Ransford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:28:34 AM »

"Imagination" on the 7" vinyl doesn't sound much different than the CD.
GIOMH on vinyl does not have any credits or lyrics or other info. I don't own the CD to compare.
BWPS does sound incredible on vinyl - there's probably several threads about that somewhere.
SG7
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »

Personally they all sound the same but BWPS does sound nice in vinyl.
jlaird
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »

i have BW88 on promotional vinyl!
MBE
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 02:18:10 AM »

Brian 88 good pressing good mix
GIOMH fairly good pressing sounds much better on vinyl. Andrew you know you want it
Smile A whole side of bonus cuts (instrumentals) and great sound
Xmas Surprisingly great pressing
the UK vinyl singles from the last two albums are neat but pressed poorly.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx