gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680854 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:24:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instruments on "Wild Honey"-album  (Read 14290 times)
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »

There's other footage of Mike playing keyboards (the "Our Team" video from M.I.U.) but it's doubtful he played very well...and given every other member of the band could play keys, there'd be no reason for him to do so.  Add to that Mike's general dislike of the recording process, and there's not much reason he'd be around for tracking.

Which song does he play on?  I like MIU a lot and have always wanted to see the Our Team promo video.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »

It's basically a jam session....IIRC it's Brian on piano, Al on bass, and Mike noodling on the organ.  It's probably just something they did for the cameras, since Brian's smiling and hamming it up borders on sarcasm.  I'm sure they weren't recording it.  It may have been "Mike Come Back to L.A." they were working on.  There's extensive footage of them cutting that song.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx