gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680772 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 01:00:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilson Phillips - gay??  (Read 7251 times)
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:52:53 AM »

Wilson Phillips have been included on a list of 'gay' bands (to be avoided!) on a christian website.  Have I missed something....? 

http://lovegodsway.org/GayBands

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »

I read this a few weeks ago and almost fell off my chair...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:49 AM »

Oh my god! Is this for real?!!! What does it mean by 'George Michael (Texan)' and 'Marilyn Manson (Dark Gay)'. I've never read anything more ridiculous in my life!  police  Afro  angel

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:25 AM »

On top of that, according to this list, Elton John is "really gay" as opposed to just being gay and The Indigo Girls are so gay that they made the list two times!!  Other breaking news from the lovely people at lovegodsway.org, Ted Nugent, despite having slept with probably hundreds upon thousands of WOMEN, is also gay becuase of his crazy off the wall antics like wearing a loincloth. 

This is almost to funny to take seriously yet it is absolutely terrifying!!!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:33:53 AM »

Ravi Shankar?  Frank Sinatra?  It's the end of the world...Arrrrrgh!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »

Cole Porter
The String Cheese Incident
Eagles of Death Metal

I never thought I'd see these three names lined up in a row!

And if someone like Cole Porter (or Wilson-Phillips, et al) is seen as corruptive, how in the world did The Dresden Dolls make the "Safe" list?
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 09:12:34 AM »

Doubtless against abortion yet they're a perfect argument for it.

Honk! Honk!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »

Is Wilson-Phillips is a gay band because gays like the band - not because the members are gay?
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 10:27:13 AM »

The page explains, "If you know of a band that is Gay or propogating a Gay message please email us so we can update."

From the same site, you gotta check this hilarious song/video (I'm still wondering if this site is a joke er what...!):

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 10:29:05 AM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:43:18 AM »

I actually saw Jeff Tweedy of Wilco do a solo show a few nights ago and he mentioned this site/list.  I thought he was joking!!  Later he apologized for having a little bit of a scratchy voice, although, I never noticed it.  He said it must be in bad shape from being gay.  The crowd erupted in laughter.

On a side note, if you ever get a chance to go see Wilco, you should try your best to be there.  There are the best live band in the business right now for my money.

If you ever get to see Jeff Tweedy do a solo show, no trying to it, BE THERE!!  He is amazing by himself with just his guitar, songs, and great stories/jokes.  It is a must see.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »

No mention of Mike love  Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes or the beach boys in total  LOL LOL LOL LOL. These people are really sick . If you are a real christian than you respect everybody.  Cool

sincerely

the  Evil

Angry  Pirate Brian's Trip Rock! Wink 2 Love Kiss
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:02:28 AM by jeroen » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 12:43:44 PM »

It lists Sufjan Stevens! Ahahah! He's a Christian, and somewhat vocally so. Apparently that's not good enough to keep him off the list.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »

That's flat out insane. I read that list...and I was thinking...who came up with this garbage? They give Christians a bad name...most of those bands are not gay in any interpretation of the word, nor do they 'propagate it'. Idiots.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 02:39:20 PM »

Wilson Phillips probably made the list because of interviews they gave years ago about experimenting with lesbian sex  when they were teens. I know I read it somewhere, and I don't remember which one talked about it.  My bet is on Carnie, who is the queen of too much information.  However, why these Christians were ever reading interviews with Carnie Wilson about her teen-aged love life is a little odd, anyways.   When I saw the title of this thread, I thought is meant Wilson Phillips was gay in the way that kids say things are gay these days (as in anything considered wimpy and lame).
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »

I must say, I read through a lot of that website and found it hilarious--even shared it with my friends. It is very, very sad that some people will, however, come across it and take what that dolt posts as gospel (lower-case "g").

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »

Relax, guys!  That web site, and the accompanying "God Hates a Fag" music video are a joke.  Read here:

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2007/01/davies-exposed-as-actor-joel-oglesby.html

Actually, if you look at the list of "safe bands", it becomes pretty obvious that this was a goof.  Many of those groups have gay members or at the least are quite tolerant of homosexuality.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:06:22 PM by Jason Penick » Logged

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 02:24:27 AM »

"most of those bands are not gay in any interpretation of the word, nor do they 'propagate it'."

And if they were, so f***.

Honk! Honk!
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 04:33:52 AM »

People make wayyy too much of a big deal out of 'whos gay' and 'who isn't'...can't we all just get along?  Undecided

glad to hear it's a joke...although it is a cruel one...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx