gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681447 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 08:20:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: East Coast: Brian Wilson Concert  (Read 3226 times)
Teddy Stern
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »

I just shot off an email to the Smiley Smile staff, but I thought I''d give you guys a heads up: Brian Wilson's May 11 show is going on sale TOMORROW.  This is one of two performances scheduled on the East Coast, so for many of you this will be a great chance to see him play.

Brian Wilson's website hasn't put up this show date yet, so you guys are the first to know.

Info: Brian Wilson is performing at bergenPAC, a performing arts center located within minutes of New York City.  The show is on Friday, May 11 at 8:00pm.  You can get tickets and info at www.bergenpac.org or our box office at (201)227-1030.

I hope you find this info helpful.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Teddy Stern
Manager of Web Outreach (aka Web Dude)
bergenPAC
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »

Hmm wonder if this is a larger tour?? Will Al be touring with Brian again??
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:09:55 PM »

Sigh.... lucky Nor'easters!

So why doesn't Brian play any shows in the Southeast US these days? Some of us fans can't afford the luxury of travelling to other parts of the country or the world to catch these shows.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:17:47 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »

So why doesn't Brian play any shows in the Southeast US these days? Some of us fans can't afford the luxury of travelling to other parts of the country or the world to catch these shows.

+1

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 12:31:53 AM »

I am going to this, already purchased tickets. I hope Al is there, too.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:21:31 AM »

+1
X3

Come to Houston, Brian!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 06:22:28 PM by The What of Whom » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SG7
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:44:30 PM »

I would have gone but the ticket prices are really beginning to become insane. I love Brian but I will NOT pay over $125 like I had to for Paul McCartney.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:54:15 PM »

I paid $103, got tickets in row K, I think that's pretty good. I've never seen Brian live before; I'm not going to let slightly overpriced tickets get in my way of seeing the man who composed some of my favorite music. Sure, I wish it was a Smile concert or a Pet Sounds concert, but hey, whatever, and maybe there'll be something interesting anyhow (when's that Lucky Old Sun thing supposed to debut?).

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »

I barely have enough money to pay my bills lol, don't think I'll be affording tickets + travel money to see the show...although it will probably be a good one.
SG7
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »

No mean to offend you Aegir but would you pay $170 for okay seats if you have seen him 3 times by now?! I don't know how much of this price increase I can take.  Angry

Okay Mr. Stern, would you pay for my ticket if I threatened to see The Beach Boys?  LOL
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 12:41:38 AM »

No mean to offend you Aegir but would you pay $170 for okay seats if you have seen him 3 times by now?! I don't know how much of this price increase I can take.  Angry

Well, that's exactly what I was saying.. I can understand why you wouldn't want to see him again, but I haven't. My post was in complete agreeance with yours.

No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »

I've never been to that venue, but I searched on the "premium"/$170 seats - which appear to be right in front of the stage - and they had row D available.  While I would think that by anyones standards that price is absurdly high, they appear to be 4th row in front of the stage.  So, at least they'd  be great seats for that price.

For what it's worth, I opted for the "cheap" $100 orchestra seats.
SG7
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

But I have been in 4th row twice, 5th in 2005 and I did NOT have to pay as much as I did all the other times. I like being close to the stage (I just DON'T settle for anything farther back then 5) I just feel like I am being kind of ripped off.  Sad
No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »

You've been within the first 5 rows THREE times?  Wow!

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »

This is a trend in the industry, to hold out seats in the first few rows as "VIP" seats, for which fans pay an extra $50 or so.  Sometimes,  you get a cheap souveneir or a drink for added value.  This was pioneered by Irving Azoff, I do believe, and it's spread.   It's a bad practice, and the only way to defeat it is to not buy these seats.  If they don't sell by a certain date, they often wind up back in the ticket pool a few days before the show, at the same lower price as the seats that are further back.  It doesn't always work out that way, though, because there are enough people willing to pay extra.
SG7
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 01:42:44 PM »

You are right F.M. I am sure I will see tons of people willing to give them up for much cheaper. Same happened when I didn't get them from the fan club and got bad seats. Paid $50 to be in row 5. Worth every cent. I will certainly watch and see about this, but you are right. I have been burned by the VIP ideals of the ticket people tons of times. I can't stand they take such advantage for those that simply just want to be close. I guess till the day no one cares to be the front then this will just keep on going sadly...

But No.Fourteen its actually very easy to get there. Its about timing mainly. Buying them the day it comes out. Even if you wait till the night to do it or a day later, there is still a ton of front seats left. Different places have different prices in terms of them.
No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:57 AM »

I guess I've had rotten luck, timing-wise.  I think I've seen every tour since he went solo, and I've been within the first twenty rows once (come to think of it, those tix were $65 so I guess I did well that time).  And I also got backstage that show, so the planets must've been aligned just right for that one!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx