gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:45:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian songs 71-75???  (Read 19658 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 11:21:24 PM »

Thanks Jason!  Grin

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »

Yes "Patty Cake" can be heard in the A&E Biography documentary, during the part where Bruce is talking about Brian in the early 70's and how he would write brilliant songs that nobody ever heard outside his living room. 
So that's what that song is, I've always wondered about that.  Man, I wish I could get my hands on that track!   Wink
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 03:12:53 AM »

Sadly it's not Patty Cake, but a cover of a song called "Daddy Dear", discussed at length over here:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,550.0.html
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

What about "Rollin' Up to Heaven," wasn't that 1974?  And is that in any way related to the chant that appears on TLOS periodically?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »

What about "Rollin' Up to Heaven," wasn't that 1974?  And is that in any way related to the chant that appears on TLOS periodically?

That's apparently another version of "Ding Dang": the "mow-mama" chant is variously referred to as "Clang" or "Clangin'", circa summer 1976.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »

Oh no, not "Daddy Dear" again Razz

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »

Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!

Jason
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

It's BRIAN on vocals!!!!!!!!!! BRIAN, I say. My cousin's uncle's friend's brother's sister's mother's cousin's aunt's uncle's son's brother who knew Brian told me.

Smiley Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Tongue Evil Afro 3D angel LOL Cool Guy Wink Razz
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »

dont forget he did back up on Terry Melcher's Why Do Fools fall in Love?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »

Sadly it's not Patty Cake, but a cover of a song called "Daddy Dear", discussed at length over here:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,550.0.html

Ok....how do I get this recording?  Brow

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 12:30:48 AM »

Does anyone know if Patty Cake from the A&E show is on You Tube? I've tried 'Smiling Dutchman' and he doesn't have it listed.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 03:28:50 AM »

Does anyone know if Patty Cake from the A&E show is on You Tube? I've tried 'Smiling Dutchman' and he doesn't have it listed.

I'm pretty sure "SmilingDutchman" doesn't have every BB-clip around   Roll Eyes  , there are more BB-fanatics  that could have it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:32:00 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 07:15:21 AM »

Which is why I asked...
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »

Which is why I asked...

ah, and my response had more to do with the fact that SMiLE-Holland = SmilingDutchman....  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 09:33:57 PM »

LOL

Lucy Jones (B. Wilson - Kalinich) - 12/74 - Brian, Steve Kalinich (ummm... Brian in best shouty voice)
Andrew, does Brian sound like his 15 Big Ones self, only not raspy? I'm asking because I'm trying to pick Brian's voice out of the mix in some other tracks from 1973-1974, and any info will help.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »

LOL

Lucy Jones (B. Wilson - Kalinich) - 12/74 - Brian, Steve Kalinich (ummm... Brian in best shouty voice)
Andrew, does Brian sound like his 15 Big Ones self, only not raspy? I'm asking because I'm trying to pick Brian's voice out of the mix in some other tracks from 1973-1974, and any info will help.

Nope, he sounds just... shouty. Best comparison I can make is "Chapel Of Love". Compared with the roughly contemporary "California Feeling" demo, I'm thinking he's putting it on.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »

so andrew, are any of those '74 tracks worth waiting for, like the demo of california feeeling?

the "classics" version is good, and the beach boys version is kinda lackadaisical. but for some reason the 74 demo supposedly sounds great.

and lucy jones and youre riding high, are they just throwaways? incorporated into something else later? i would be surprised that they arent.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

Brain's "CF" demo is rather good, especially as he's in great voice (except at the end when he (intentionally) dicks it up like a Vegas lounge singer).

The others ? File under 'historical interest only'. IMO.

tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Be interested to hear Alan's version of California Feeling with him on lead...if/when it ever gets released
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »

speaking of CF; had Brian not released his recording on the BB Classics cd...you think he woulda grabbed it for TLOS?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »

speaking of CF; had Brian not released his recording on the BB Classics cd...you think he woulda grabbed it for TLOS?
No, because I think he'd have used it on GIOMH.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »

good call, maybe GIOMH would get a little more respect if it had been on there....

~post of the century~
-Mikie

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »

Brain's "CF" demo is rather good, especially as he's in great voice (except at the end when he (intentionally) dicks it up like a Vegas lounge singer).

The others ? File under 'historical interest only'.

The 2002 BW version is the best one I've heard, as I never heard the "original". Since you've heard more of this period's music than just about any other living person save Brian, and he probably don't remember about 75% of it...is this the last ever song Brian did where he sounded like his "old" self"? If not, then what is?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2008, 03:27:03 AM »

Personally I think the Rocky Pamplin (Spring) version of California Feeling is better than the Beach Boys or Brians version, the track is better and Pamplin sings with more, er 'feeling' - it is a little bit Hasselhoff-ish though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:09:57 PM by matt-zeus » Logged

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »

the Rocky Pamplin (Spring) version of California Feeling is better than the Beach Boys or Carls version
Totally agree. never understood why Pamplin's vocal is supposedly 'bad'. Way more exciting than CW's try at it. But i think we've already gone over this tune in a recent thread, not that it matters.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx