gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 05:55:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Complete beach Boys videography?  (Read 19963 times)
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »

w00t! I just got my book!!! WOW! they didn't release many US picture sleeves Brow Now comes an interesting chore. I have to figure out which picture sleeve to use for songs I plan to use.  Thud  I will use the most colorful ones and ones that show the song title prominently.  3D I like color.  Transcendental Meditation and sparkly things.  LOL I have cleaned up all the videos I plan to use. Just have to work on the audio portions.  Listening
MBE
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »

No problem guys. I like the book too was glad to finally find one at a decent price.
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »

Afro WOW! looks like there's going to be around 100 music videos included in my Videography. YES, I have all the videos I want to use already on the PC. I have 94 picture sleeves done. A few now I need to create. Not all of the videos need the audio worked on. only a few. Then comes the grouping in chronological groups. then the specific menus to focus on each period in their career. Time consuming, but fun. I'll keep ya'll posted as the progress continues. If anyone can help me out with ANY footage of Al Jardine doing PT Cruiser, or California Energy blues, I would appreciate it. 3D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:17:44 PM by Alf64 » Logged
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »

Banana It is done. 112 videos in all.  I am now working with "the powers that be" on seeing where this "concept" videography is going. Since I am not in this for the money, I am only concerned with an accurate portayal of their music through the years. I have made it well known to the people that really matter, that I am NOT going to bootleg it. Why would I want to rip of the band I favor over any other? I am NOT greedy, and if something legit does come from this, I want only what they feel I am worth for putting all 112 in chronological order and making the creative menus, cleaning up and in some case creating 45 picture sleeves for each and every song. If nothing will become of it, so be it. But it is my attempt to give back to them what they have given to me over all the years.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:14:21 PM by Alf64 » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 03:52:11 PM »

Banana It is done. 112 videos in all.  I am now working with "the powers that be" on seeing where this "concept" videography is going. Since I am not in this for the money, I am only concerned with an accurate portayal of their music through the years. I have made it well known to the people that really matter, that I am NOT going to bootleg it. Why would I want to rip of the band I favor over any other? I am NOT greedy, and if something legit does come from this, I want only what they feel I am worth for putting all 112 in chronological order and making the creative menus, cleaning up and in some case creating 45 picture sleeves for each and every song. If nothing will become of it, so be it. But it is my attempt to give back to them what they have given to me over all the years.

Best of luck Alf64  Smiley

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

group hug If after reviewing everything I have made, a decision to make this official happens, Then I will make the big anouncement to everyone here. Since I am not a videographer, just a HUGE fan with a strong passion and ideas from other "compilations". I had to teach myself how to use the video editing program and also the DVD authoring program.  3D I am calling my videography a "concept/demo" since that is obviously what it is. Still a few rough edges that need professional work. I made the 2 DVD-DLs for them, and am waiting to hear back on where to send it.  This may take time  Old Man As I have heard that Endless harmony took 3 years to be finished. I will keep ya'll posted on the progress. Listening
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »

sounds very intresting. If the boys dont do it for the fans than the fans will do it for the fans. Good luck with it.
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »

Tip Toe Well in lieu of my life going to *** in a handbasket now, I just mailed off my videogrpahy to Brother Records for their opinion and possible consideration.  Bow IF I am VERY lucky, they will want to use it. Otherwise, at this point in my life, I have not much more to lose. My wife moved out a couple weeks ago and took EVERYTHING of hers ( legal documents too) I am now trying to survive on a part-time job in a grocery store with about 16-20 hours a week at 7.50 hr.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »

That's bad news, I am soooo sorry for you. Hope you are doing fine.

Peter

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 09:04:20 AM »

I forgot to mention that I paid extra to have it mailed Priority Mail. They should have it by mid-week. I have expressed to them and they understand, that I have NO interest in the "bootleg" thing. Why the  Angry would I want to rip off my favorite band?!! Besides, I would rather have The Beach Boys  Brian, Dennis, & Carl and the Law  police on MY side, not against me.

Ahhh! Me now.
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »

Update! They now have 2 copies to review. I have been in communication with "the powers that be" since Tuesday. I have expressed my intentions to them, and am working ONLY with them to see how this can possibly work for the guys. Today I sent information they asked for, and am taking this one small step at a time. Tip Toe  I am not going to get any hopes up, as about 95% of the material is legally some one else's. So it would be illegal to sell it.  police YES, if all of the components were entirely MINE, I could. I never thought like that. I just wanted to see if this could be done. If for no one else, then just me. I am already getting my "pay back" by them even looking at something I made for them.  Shocked If they like it, then that is even more icing on the cake.  Shocked  Monetary rewards were never my intention. Shrug  Just to gather and portray The Beach Boys in the best light during each period of their career. 3D  Banana If i DO get any $$ from this, then that is wholly up to them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 04:00:35 PM by Alf64 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx