-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  police academy 4 on lately
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: police academy 4 on lately  (Read 4815 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »

i don't know why it's been on, not the best, i think the last one with Steve Gutenburg, but even he couldn't save this turkey. In case you're wondering, it was on Comedy central as of lately. i bring this up because lets go to heaven in my car is featured...oddly enough...GW Baily's charater sings a line from Shortenin bread in the begining.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »

The departure of Gutenburg (and those who followed him) killed the other movies. They were terrible after PA4

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:59:18 PM »

i didnt think PA4 was that good either

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 04:39:29 AM »

Right, it was probably the weakest of the Gutenburg-movies. But imo still better than what came after.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:27:44 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:24:44 AM »

oh, of course

~post of the century~
-Mikie

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 07:08:06 AM »

I still think the first and third ones were the best. But good Lord...the 6th one was not only the worst of the series, but one of the worst movies I have EVER seen. I didn't see the 7th one where they went to Moscow, though.

Did you guys know they are actually making an *eighth* movie?! And yes, George Gaynes will be in there to play Cmdt. Lassard...even though he turns 90 in May!

No Tackleberry though, as the actor died some while back...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 07:09:04 AM by The What of Whom » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »

Didn't hear about that and after the last movies I don't really care. It's sad that David Graf died. But as long as Leslie Easterbrook is there I think some people will go and see that movie.

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »

you guys are nuts, Mission in Miami Beach is one of the best.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »

It's certainly better than 6.

BTW...latest update is that 8 will likely be direct to video.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »

you guys are nuts, Mission in Miami Beach is one of the best.

To me Police Academy without Mahoney is like the Beach Boys without any Wilson.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

good call rocker

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 06:56:20 AM »

thats a terrible comparison, but ok LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: