gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680714 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 12:01:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Song for You  (Read 2533 times)
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:00:26 AM »

I live in Woodstock, NY, which -- its infamous counter-cultural reputation aside -- is a beautiful, small mountaintop town. Every Christmas Eve, all traffic is blocked from the center of town, and a good chunk of the town's residents gather on the green to await Santa's arrival with toys for all of the town's kids. There's a brass band playing on the steps of the old Dutch Reformed church, and bittersweet magic in the air as old friends meet, often for the first time all year, as the spritis of those who are no longer with us hover nearby. Really an unbelievably classic, old-time scene.
I wrote and recorded a song about all this a few years back, and as luck would have it, all of the local radio stations are too cool to play something so nakedly heartfelt. So each Christmas passes by with my little love letter to Woodstock left unheard, except in my house.
While this song has nothing at all directly to do with Brian or the Boyz -- except in the inevitable influence sense -- I thought I'd share it with you so the poor thing doesn't suffer another lonely Christmas. You can hear it on my myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/robbyberman.
Have a great holiday, everyone!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx