gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:02:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [repost] Songs of Dennis/Carl live album  (Read 2520 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:56:56 PM »

Reposted from the "Media" board because I'm new to the board and a moron....apologies.

I can't believe I didn't know this board was here.  Lots to look through.  I know I'm gonna spend days going through C-Man's website, which I didn't even know existed 'til I got here.  C-Man, you blow me away!  I LOVE this kind of wonky stuff!

Some of the board may already know this, but my band, Adam Marsland's Chaos Band (whose guitarist is none other than '60s legend Evie Sands), collaborated with Alan Boyd on a tour and live recording of a set of covers by Dennis and Carl Wilson.  The idea was to bring the attention to detail and musicianship that Wondermints bring to Brian's music, but with the sense of irreverence that's more in line with Dennis' legacy (and behind the scenes, Carl's too, if close friends are to be believed).

The album, LONG PROMISED ROAD:  SONGS OF DENNIS AND CARL WILSON LIVE is coming back from the pressing plants next week, and we're very proud of it.  It's all drawn from one show here in L.A., with various Wilson family members and ex-BBs sidemen in the audience.  It features 20 songs, including the never before released or booted Dennis Wilson song "Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again."   It was recorded by Mark Linett and mastered by Earle Mankey.  It also includes live versions of "River Song," "Moonshine", "Got To Know The Woman," "Angel Come Home," "Long Promised Road," "Where I Belong," "The Trader," "What's Wrong," "Forever," "Carry Me Home," "KTSA," "All I Want To Do," "Celebrate The News" and selected originals, including Evie tearing through her seminal 1965 recording "I Can't Let Go."

We just put up our mp3 of "Forever" at our myspace page www.myspace.com/adammarsland and we'd like to invite you by for a listen.  If you like what you hear, you can order the album from that page as well.

Anyway, that's it.  Can't wait to dig in some more at this board.

Adam Marsland
www.myspace.com/adammarsland
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »

Welcome Adam! I'm definitely interested in getting the live album; I caught your performance in Taylor, MI and it was fantastic. You performed a real service for Beach Boys fans by undertaking that tour; undoubtedly the hippest cover show I've seen. By the way, I've been enjoying your solo album as well - superb songwriting and great arrangements.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 12:04:35 AM »

Thanks Roger...the live album just got back from the pressing plants today, and we've already shipped the first set of pre-orders out (or packed them to ship tomorrow).  We're pretty excited about it!
Goin’Bald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 11:59:55 AM »

Great service Adam: I just received the album. I think it's a winner. Especially Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again is superb. Can anybody explain why Dennis' version  got outvoted from the Surf's Up album? Must have been a music hater.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »

Just got the cds today, finally have some free time now to listen. "River Song" sounds amazing! Now to finish listening to the album.... Grin

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:36:27 AM »

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I'm on the third listen in a row and haven't gotten tired of it even a tiny bit. Good, good stuff -- doesn't hurt that these are some of my favorite songs.

If you haven't ordered a copy yet, what are you waiting for? This CD is well worth having!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx