gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:05:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land Locked  (Read 2789 times)
sloopjasonb
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

is there anyone who knows how i can obtain some of the land locked/sunflower/surfs up era outtakes? unreleased songs?  i notice several folks talking about a good share of this stuff and i'd like to hear more... thanks!
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:22:18 AM »

there are some songs on the officially released 1993 5cd boxset 30 years of good vibrations.
XY
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

and there are 2 sweet a cappella mixes on the officially released 2001 2 cd set hawthorne, ca - birthplace of a legend
sloopjasonb
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »

cool i have those sets... just wondered if there is anything beyond that in anyone's grip...
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »

"Get the Boot" has the most Sunflower era outtakes - widely available on the internet I understand.
jaredcheek
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »

I've also wondered about this a lot.

Does anybody have any specific places where things like this could be found?

I know some friends of mine use Soulseek...is that a good place to find unreleased Beach Boys songs?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »

There are plenty of file-sharing networks out there, and you can find any number of unreleased things on them. But be aware you might also find things that aren't what you're looking for, including (but not limited to) viruses and legal trouble. I'd say hunt around your local independent music store(s), if you have any. There are usually ways to find such things with the help of knowledgeable salespeople.

That is, of course, assuming you don't have any friends or acquaintences who have such things.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »

Good advice, but Luther, 10-15 years ago it would have been easier to find a music salesperson who had knowledge of legit and alternate releases. Now you get the 'deer in headlight' look. Face it. The majority of 5.50 an hr employees do not have a clue on what you are looking for. I suggest scoping the internet relentlessly until you reach a 'sweet spot' that will help you in your research. I did it, so I know it can be done. The internet is not called 'world wide" web for nothing....good luck to you and your treasure hunt..

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 04:21:03 PM »

Good advice, but Luther, 10-15 years ago it would have been easier to find a music salesperson who had knowledge of legit and alternate releases. Now you get the 'deer in headlight' look.

That's why the right store is essential!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx