gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:01:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs of Dennis and Carl Wilson live album  (Read 4089 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:02:46 PM »

I can't believe I didn't know this board was here.  Lots to look through.  I know I'm gonna spend days going through C-Man's website, which I didn't even know existed 'til I got here.  C-Man, you blow me away!  I LOVE this kind of wonky stuff!

Some of the board may already know this, but my band, Adam Marsland's Chaos Band (whose guitarist is none other than '60s legend Evie Sands), collaborated with Alan Boyd on a tour and live recording of a set of covers by Dennis and Carl Wilson.  The idea was to bring the attention to detail and musicianship that Wondermints bring to Brian's music, but with the sense of irreverence that's more in line with Dennis' legacy (and behind the scenes, Carl's too, if close friends are to be believed).

The album, LONG PROMISED ROAD:  SONGS OF DENNIS AND CARL WILSON LIVE is coming back from the pressing plants next week, and we're very proud of it.  It's all drawn from one show here in L.A., with various Wilson family members and ex-BBs sidemen in the audience.  It features 20 songs, including the never before released or booted Dennis Wilson song "Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again."   It was recorded by Mark Linett and mastered by Earle Mankey.  It also includes live versions of "River Song," "Moonshine", "Got To Know The Woman," "Angel Come Home," "Long Promised Road," "Where I Belong," "The Trader," "What's Wrong," "Forever," "Carry Me Home," "KTSA," "All I Want To Do," "Celebrate The News" and selected originals, including Evie tearing through her seminal 1965 recording "I Can't Let Go."

We just put up our mp3 of "Forever" at our myspace page www.myspace.com/adammarsland and we'd like to invite you by for a listen.  If you like what you hear, you can order the album from that page as well.

Anyway, that's it.  Can't wait to dig in some more at this board.

Adam Marsland
www.myspace.com/adammarsland
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »

Go buy this album! If you are a Denny and Carl fan, you won't be disappointed. This is very, very good stuff.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

Finally got around to buying this album, and it is awesome!  Love it!  Very true to the original songs that Dennis and Carl wrote.  I also really like the original songs by Adam and the band.  Great Job Adam!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx