gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:37:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Make it Good" mentioned in USA Today Blog  (Read 3384 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:33:26 AM »

http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/

Make It Good, The Beach Boys: Like, for example, this symphonic evocation of Dennis’ despair, so fragile it disperses as soon as you hear it. It was a toss-up between this and his other Carl & the Passions -- So Tough track, the gorgeous Cuddle Up, but this one sounded moodier. In all the (richly deserved) hoopla about Brian Wilson, Dennis gets short shrift, but you could compile yourself a stunning virtual mini-album with these two tracks; Forever and Got to Know the Woman from Sunflower; the Dennis Wilson & Rumbo single Sound of Free (might have to do some digging in the dark side of the internet for that one); the Carl Wilson-penned, Dennis-sung Angel Come Home from the L.A. album; and maybe even the Charles Manson-penned, Dennis-adapted Never Learn Not to Love from 20/20.

Kinda odd to see a rather obscure song getting props from Usa Today, but cool nonetheless.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:49:02 AM »

No wonder -- it's the great Ken Barnes. He's always been a brother. Great to see the recognition of Dennis here.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 08:39:45 AM »

Nice find, Billy.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »

Yeah...I'm here at work killing time. No manager until after lunch (which is in 10 minutes), so I'm jackin around on the net, and you'd best believe my eyes about bugged out when I saw that. Ken Barnes *is* pretty good for a critic (far better than Elysa Gardner-I think that's her name- I always end up mad as hell after reading her reviews).

I like his track suggestion, too, although I'd have to throw in Love Surrounds Me and Little Bird.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 05:30:45 AM »

Man!!! I'm so psyched that tunes like "Make It Good," "Sounds Of Free," "Rainbows," "I'm Going Your Way," and "Celebrate The News" are going to be included on the upcoming WARMTH OF THE SUN compilation.

... Oh wait.

I forgot.

We're getting "Wendy" again.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx