-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  any Superman Fans?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: any Superman Fans?  (Read 4626 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:08:48 PM »

this month of November marks a great time for Superman Fans...We are finally getting Richard Donner's cut of Superman II...i'm looking forward to it...the ultimate Superman collection will be released later this month

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »

Big superman fan here. I liked the new one  but mainly like the pre Crisis Superman. My fave is George Reeves as far as who played him, but I like Superman III a lot because it is a good comedy and I like seeing Superman evil. I collect the pre Crisis comics too.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 03:22:27 AM »

Remember reading a reprint in the late 60s/early 70s of, I hope, the newspaper strip. The dilemma that issue was that a minah bird knew Supe's i.d. and was yelling, "Clark Kent is Superman... Clark Kent is Superman..."   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:14:44 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

That plot was actually recycled in a c. 1980 issue of SUPERMAN FAMILY. Grin

I don't whether this cheap plug is bad taste or not, but comic dudes are always welcome at http://apokolips.x47.net/index.php#1. We're pretty hardcore and pretty pre-crisis, but there's music and movie talk too. The parent site, http://criticalmess.net/, a pop culture thingy, has a "beginning-level" article on TODAY! LP too, and Brian talk comes up a little.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 06:55:12 AM »

Superman III? are you kidding...terrible movie...i know Superman IV is too, but i like it because it was the only superman i grew up with...the Donner Cut is like our own versions of smile we put together...to compare it to BW-ism

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:34:44 AM »

I liked the DC Superman and Superman related comics when I was a kid.  I liked Mr. Mxyzptlk and the Bizarro Superman (actually the  whole concept of the Bizarro world.)  I liked the recent film 'Hollywoodland' about George Reeves a lot  If I remember right, his (real life) house is right on Benedict Canyon Drive, in Beverly Hills proper.   
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:38:34 AM »

Hope you've seen http://superdickery.com/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:46:14 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:06:14 PM »

My Christmas wish list is almost entirely Superman DVDs.  It's so bad, I had to move "Superman toys" to my son's list.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: