gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:51:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston? LA? London????  (Read 7829 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »

No comments?!??

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »

http://www.smileysmile.net/index.php/2006/11/18/brian_and_al_tour_part_two_begins_now
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 09:20:35 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
tonysurf
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »

Hi, I was at the Orpheum theatre in Boston last Friday. I loved it, loved it, loved it!

I am lucky enough to have seen BW in Boston the past two SMiLE tours also. I was definitely intrigued to see BW and Al on stage again and wasn't disappointed.

the set started in the familiar campfire singalong mode, they started with "Add some Music" (which is always one of my highlights) for the life of me I cant remember the set list for this show (I'm sure someone has it!) but this first section was very good and always a nice start to the show.

I think everyone feels that Brians live voice has improved over the past 5-6 years and I noted that on this show, Jeff was not doubling Brians lead as often as in the past. Brian was singing with real feeling and seemed to be really concentrating on pitching his vocals well. I wonder if this had anything to do with Al being there now, either  making Brian more comfortable, motivating him to try a little harder or a little bit of both - nonetheless I think this is the best Brian has sounded to me.

After "you're welcome" the lights came up "Then I kissed her" began, and there was Al, right next to Brian with the familiar white Strat. the crowd went nuts, he got a standing ovation bigger than I've seen anyone give Brian even. He seemed really happy to be there, sang as well as ever and even played lead guitar on "Do it Again" something that I dont think I have ever seen him do!

the rest of the first set was excellent, though I dont have the set list memorised. great to hear "California Saga" particularly Brian singing "on my way to..."   Breakaway" and "Please let me Wonder" always a pleasure to hear but enhanced by having Al there  though I think Brian still has to get used to having Al there - I'm sure Al expected to sing "Help me Rhonda" alone but Brian dived straight in with the vocal, Al laughed and joined right in

Brian and Al seemed pretty as ease together, often sharing a look or pointing at each other.

The rest of the Band were very very good as usual, I was pleased to see Darian there, I thought there were rumours that he wasnt going to be there but the lineup was the same as usual. very tight and sounded excellent.

then came "Pet sounds" which I hadnt seen live, which is where I really tried to absorb everything and where I felt that Brian had really worked on his vocals, he obviously doesnt have his 1966 voice but he really made his 2006 voice fit the songs - his falsetto was much improved all in all a very solid performance. A great "Sloop John B" with Al sharing the lead. the performance of the album was amazing and all too quickly there was "Caroline no"

the concert ended with the Usual encores (actually a non BW compostion "Johnny B Goode" was one of the best songs of the night!) then a beautiful "Love and Mercy" then done

sorry if this post is a bit random! but I really loved the show. good job Brian. Welcome back Al! (hope he sticks around)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »

Hi, I was at the Orpheum theatre in Boston last Friday. I loved it, loved it, loved it!

I am lucky enough to have seen BW in Boston the past two SMiLE tours also. I was definitely intrigued to see BW and Al on stage again and wasn't disappointed.

the set started in the familiar campfire singalong mode, they started with "Add some Music" (which is always one of my highlights) for the life of me I cant remember the set list for this show (I'm sure someone has it!) but this first section was very good and always a nice start to the show.

I think everyone feels that Brians live voice has improved over the past 5-6 years and I noted that on this show, Jeff was not doubling Brians lead as often as in the past. Brian was singing with real feeling and seemed to be really concentrating on pitching his vocals well. I wonder if this had anything to do with Al being there now, either  making Brian more comfortable, motivating him to try a little harder or a little bit of both - nonetheless I think this is the best Brian has sounded to me.

After "you're welcome" the lights came up "Then I kissed her" began, and there was Al, right next to Brian with the familiar white Strat. the crowd went nuts, he got a standing ovation bigger than I've seen anyone give Brian even. He seemed really happy to be there, sang as well as ever and even played lead guitar on "Do it Again" something that I dont think I have ever seen him do!

the rest of the first set was excellent, though I dont have the set list memorised. great to hear "California Saga" particularly Brian singing "on my way to..."   Breakaway" and "Please let me Wonder" always a pleasure to hear but enhanced by having Al there  though I think Brian still has to get used to having Al there - I'm sure Al expected to sing "Help me Rhonda" alone but Brian dived straight in with the vocal, Al laughed and joined right in

Brian and Al seemed pretty as ease together, often sharing a look or pointing at each other.

The rest of the Band were very very good as usual, I was pleased to see Darian there, I thought there were rumours that he wasnt going to be there but the lineup was the same as usual. very tight and sounded excellent.

then came "Pet sounds" which I hadnt seen live, which is where I really tried to absorb everything and where I felt that Brian had really worked on his vocals, he obviously doesnt have his 1966 voice but he really made his 2006 voice fit the songs - his falsetto was much improved all in all a very solid performance. A great "Sloop John B" with Al sharing the lead. the performance of the album was amazing and all too quickly there was "Caroline no"

the concert ended with the Usual encores (actually a non BW compostion "Johnny B Goode" was one of the best songs of the night!) then a beautiful "Love and Mercy" then done

sorry if this post is a bit random! but I really loved the show. good job Brian. Welcome back Al! (hope he sticks around)

Thanks for the info man!!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx