gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:40:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listen to a part of Brian's new song  (Read 3238 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

written with Burt Bacharach. It will be heard friday on BBC 2:

What The World Needs Now –
The Burt Bacharach Story Ep 4/4
Friday 17 November
7.00-7.30pm BBC RADIO 2

Paul Sexton surveys Burt Bacharach's hits of the Eighties and Nineties, and takes a look at the songwriting legend's current and future projects, as he concludes his profile of the man who wrote the soundtrack to the lives of so many. The programme also features a world exclusive excerpt from a new song written by Bacharach with Brian Wilson, What Love Can Do.

After Bacharach ended his regular songwriting partnership with Hal David, he worked with a number of new collaborators, including his third wife, Carole Bayer Sager, and Christopher Cross – with whom he wrote one of his biggest later copyrights, 1981's Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do). American record executive Clive Davis talks about reuniting Bacharach and Dionne Warwick for the massive 1985 hit, That's What Friends Are For, also featuring Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Gladys Knight.

The programme covers Bacharach's partnership with another devoted British fan, Elvis Costello, with whom he made the 1998 album Painted From Memory, and features contributions from Noel Gallagher, who cites Bacharach as one of his musical heroes.

Presenter and Producer/Paul Sexton

BBC Radio 2 Publicity

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
XY
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:08 PM »

The programme also features a world exclusive excerpt from a new song written by Bacharach with Brian Wilson, What Love Can Do.

New song? This will show the potential of a new album!
Why does "What Rock 'n' Roll Can Do" play in my head?
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:00:19 AM »

Well, I look forward to it, I still have faith in two old men (Isn't Bacharach almost 80?!) to make beautiful music!  Smiley

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:05:19 AM »

The programme also features a world exclusive excerpt from a new song written by Bacharach with Brian Wilson, What Love Can Do.

Why does "What Rock 'n' Roll Can Do" play in my head?

I think that one was written by Paley, wasn't it?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

Anyone heard it and maybe even record it? I didn't, so I would love to listen to it.

- Jack Rieley
peeping tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »

Anyone heard it and maybe even record it? I didn't, so I would love to listen to it.

Go to http://www.brianwilson-fans.com/forum/index.php?topic=821.0

It's short but very sweet  angel
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »

Yeah, thanks I already saw that. It's a sweet song, nothing great, but nice to sing along. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. But the demosinger doesn't sing with much feeling imo

- Jack Rieley
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 02:06:10 AM »

Nice song. I could loose the acapella intro, it reminds em too much of multiBrians. I hope they don't overproduce the thing, stripped down may be the way to go.

Seeing how things are going foward in Brian's camp... How about an Al Jardine lead vocal?

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 08:44:32 AM »

Hmm...I agree with what some others have said; my eventual opinion of this song will likely depend pretty heavily on the final production. With the demo version's annoying drum sound, multiBrians, etc., I fear BrianCheese. (I'm having fun making words with Brian in them.) But if the tune is cut with the band, including natural instruments and at least their backing vocals (if not leads or parts of leads), it could be a cool finished song. It won't change my life, I don't think, but I don't really care about that. I just want Brian to keep recording and releasing material with the group.

(And I hope someone can continue to convince him to avoid synthesizers and overdoing his own vocal overdubs.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 09:03:35 AM »

He's still singin' that same song...
Fro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »

Man, it really takes off once they turn the volume down and start talking over it.   Evil

This is quality stuff melodically.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx