gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:32:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BWPS bonus/instrumental/ESQ tracks?  (Read 2312 times)
razorboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »

does anyone have a complete list of all the bonus material released to promote BWPS? i have some of the ESQ instrumental tracks, the instrumental surf's up... has anyone put it all together?
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

BWPS vinyl version:
- Heroes & Villains (instrumental)
- Cabin Essence (instrumental)
- On A Holiday (instrumental)
- Wind Chimes (instrumental)

Good Vibrations CD single:
- In Blue Hawaii (instrumental)

Good Vibrations 7":
- Our Prayer (live)
- Good Vibrations (live)

Bonus CD with special edition of BWPS DVD:
- Surf's Up (instrumental)
- interview with Brian
- commentary by David Leaf

And there's a 10" with a (horrible) "Freeform Reform" dance mix of "Our Prayer"

That's all I know.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:16:22 AM by shelter » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:45:46 AM »

...and in addition to that:

BWPS Japanee/Taiwanese release, 2 bonustracks
- Heroes & Villains (instrumental)
- Cabin Essence (instrumental)

These are NOT the same instrumental versions as on the vinyl release! Instrumental is not even a correct description, although they are described that way. On both vinyl and cd some backgroundvocals can be heard on H&V en CE. The differences can be found in those background vocals (for instance the "doing doing doing..."-bg-vocal is present on only 1 of the 2 "instrumental" versions).

And then as you mentioned already, razorboy, the ESQ single-release of On A Holiday with the instrumental version of Roll Plymouth Rock.

For those who who prefer cd (instead of vinyl): the Freeform Reform remix of Our Prayer (which I like a lot btw) can also be found on a promo cd release

The vinyl single release of Wonderful/Wind Chimes was also released as a promo cd-single). And these differ a little from the album-version as these tracks fade out on the single release. That is: Wonderful does, I'm not sure on Wind Chimes.

Also released as a promo single: Good Vibrations, Our Prayer (the regular version) and Heroes And Villains. And there's an EPK-release for the SMiLE cd as well...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
razorboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:00:13 AM »

nice... i have probably half of those tracks... has anyone compiled them all as a companion to bwps? it would be a nice companion piece...
liam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:36:59 AM »

I wonder if they could be OOPSed with the full versions to produce vocal-only (or nearly vocal only) mixes.  That's what I'd like to try, especially with the CD sourced material.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx